what style is this?

Looks like a variation of Green Man. A stylized human face with leaf designs involved. You sample has plenty of Acacia leaves. Google green man and you'll see several examples.:wave:

Looks like a variation of Green Man. A stylized human face with leaf designs involved. You sample has plenty of Acacia leaves. Google green man and you'll see several examples.:wave:

That is clearly a lion head. The green man will always be the definite face of a man.:thumb:

While I'm not an expert on furniture styles, I guess it is some sor of eclectic one, and rather recent, maybe from the twenties.

Furniture styles are not only defined by that sort of decoration but by the whole shape of the furniture as well. Very specially the legs shape and the way panels are made and used. Seat rests and arms ar also definitive when trying to identify a specific style.

I know that this doesn't help much, I have a couple of books at home that deal with different styles and eras. Let me search on them and I'll come bac to you. A pic of the whole piece would help.