Thread: I'm gonna be sore tomorrow . . .

Long Hill Township, NJ

I'm gonna be sore tomorrow . . .

I'm spent the day working on an outdoor project. I needed the fix the grade of an area in the yard where my yard slopes off into the woods.

I spend last weekend putting in a line of 4 x 4 x 8 pressure treated timbers as a line of demarcation. One side is lawn, the other side is the woods.

The only saving grace is that I got to play with a cool toy. It was a Toro Dingo walk behind machine with Toro's version of a Harley rake.

It can cut a 36" wide swath of soil and turn it over down to a 5" depth. My soil is heavy clay and rocky so it was a challenge, but it go the job done.

The picture is a Dingo and attachment on the trailer. We were towing this behind a Dodge Grand Caravan and it was a little scary - that's a lot of weight behind a Caravan.

Wow - I just looked closer at the picture - that trailer needs a little TLC.

I need to take some pictures of the finished job, but I'm too tired right now and it's still hot outside. Why did I do this job on a 90 degreee day in MAY? May 2nd to be exact . . .

The good news is the heaviest thing I need to do around this job for the immediate future is move the sprinkler around and water the grass seed.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 105.jpg  

Amherst, New Hampshire
    I'm sore just thinking about all that work.

I gotta rent one of those. My backyard has turned to hardpack and is a dust bowl.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I want to see pictures of the terrace---90 degrees/ wait wait did I say wait

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Wow 90 degrees. It's in the 70 here and this is the desert. Take a hot shower have a cold one and put your feet up.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward