Not quite wolverine nor varigrind ...but the results work.
My cost is about $3.00 so my setup will never win any beauty pageant but it works. Here is a freshly re-ground bowl gouge from a standard/regular shape to an "Ellsworth" grind. I didn't cut the tip too much (to save some steel) so there is a bit of double bevel still. It will be gone after a few trips to the grinder.
The base is a scrap wood (from milling pen blanks) screwed to a block of another scrap piece. The end received a few mounting pieces at various height and distance from the end (I have 3 right there). The dimples were drilled so the jig won't slip.
The ala "ellsworth jig" is again made from a scrap wood drilled through. The locking mechanish is an eye bolt with a metal insert on the wood so it will not destroy the wood easily. The post is just a long lag bolt and I just cut off the head.
Hope this helps others who plan on making their own jig.
I am using a 6" high speed grinder so it works with that. It can easily be adapted to 8" also by making the mounting part on the end higher by an inch.