Flooding in Tennessee

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Please keep those family members in Tennessee in your thoughts. Just got home from a very long day of trying to get home from Nashville. They've had a record amount of rain there this weekend causing lots of flooding. Got a good view from the air once we finally got to take off and it was pretty wide spread. Hope everyone is doing well and things dry out soon.

Will do.

Lots of folks are going to be needing some help I reckon, from both the flooding and the oil spill...

I hope everyone will be ok. My mil is driving down to see her granddaughter graduate at the end of the month. Will be passing thru Knoxville probably on wednesday. Will keep an eye on the news in that area for her.

I've been watching the flooding all day... sure glad I'm in East Tennessee and up on the side of a hill... I feel for those poor folks in Middle Tennessee... I remember being in Houston during Allison... I sat in a Black funeral home with four of the finest gentlemen I ever met for almost 20 hours before I could get home... Those fine gentlemen all came out in a driving rain and helped me push my car up close to the building after I flooded it out turning into the parking lot... the water was almost 2 feet deep in the parking lot... over waist deep out in the street.

It's just starting to rain here, so maybe the rain has moved eastward and away from the Nashville area.

Last edited:
We had way to much rain. My place made it all right as we are on a small hill. Now if you we're to go 5 miles down the road that's a different story. Selmer had a toronado rip up part of the town. Jackson (where i work) got hit bad.I talked to my boss yesterday and he said that it was a mess up there.Radeo said it was a island for a while. No way in or out. I'll find out in a little bit as i need to get my duff off this putter and try to get up there and do some more work on that big house.:D
Steve

a few years back I had a Water heater leak while we were at work, came home to water in a finished basement, not much but the floor was flat so it wandered all about before reaching the drain, Carpet, boxes, shop wood ,etc all was touching water. I know how much work it was to deal with "less than an inch" of water, How in the heck could I deal with a real flood.

My heart and prayers go out to those folks...

Anybody know if Franklin was included in that mess?

I hope that the state are able to help everybody//including the homes that are in remote locations

will this flood help to keep the oil slick in check ?

My cousin just E-mailed me from down there... They are safe and clear but 5 have perished. Opryland Hotel flooded and evacuated. Looks like a terrible mess.

My wife got a pic from a co-worker that was at the Opry Land hotel today. Sad I was just there Friday and what a beautiful hotel it is. I'm sure it will be again, but WOW, what a lot of work to get it there again.

Bill, good to hear your cousin is OK. One of our friends got to leave today, but will take her about twice as long to get home due to the route she has to take.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Well the water here is going down.Lots of roads and bridges washed out.number of small levies broke,but all the major ones held. The gov. was here yesterday and declared most of west and middle Tn to be in a state of destaster. Had Floyd stop by today,He's the man that supplys our beams for the house we're building.His co is just out side of Nashville, and he told me that water was over the roof of his buildings. Said there's still debris all over the roof.:eek:Asked him about his supply of logs, and he said there still on there property but there in the trees on the edge of his place. some of the smaller ones are 10 ft. in the trees.