Old job revisited

In 1998 this project was designed, built, painted, and installed. Earlier this year the AV guy called me to redo for a new updated flat panel Runco, I guess they are good TVs. Made by Tonka?:rofl:
Anyway the sequence was roll out hugh space filling tv, measure hole for filler, upon which to hang the flat tv, roll big tv back and go make parts. Since that time in 1998 I have become more selective about what I choose to paint, this was not one of those things.:type:
We cut the pieces necesary and hung the back boards. They hung the Runko and boy was it hung. Did not move a bit, except sideways to center it.
Took dimensions for TV position and cut a frame to hide all but the tv and thus we have this picture. " We need to find a painter." Not me..:D
Shaz
DickandPennyWeiss 002 1.jpg

DickandPenny frame with photo.jpg

Must be interesting to revisit work you did nearly 10 years ago. I know when I do that in my business, I sure see things I'd do differently now, although I still see things I agree with, too.

FWIW, I like the black wall unit. LOML would never go for it, but I like the black and chrome modern look.

Must be interesting to revisit work you did nearly 10 years ago. I know when I do that in my business, I sure see things I'd do differently now, although I still see things I agree with, too.

FWIW, I like the black wall unit. LOML would never go for it, but I like the black and chrome modern look.
Hi Vaughn,
It is interesting going back, and as you say somethings would be different, other things would stay. The lady of the house does all the decision making as far as color, style and art. The entire house is themed with the black and white but rather than shiny metals to accent she does glass. Black,white and glass
Glass sculptures all over. Some quite beautiful.

Looks great, I like the contrast.
Hi Bruce,
Thanks Bruce. It is very contrasting, as can be seen on the right with the white overstuffed chair near the black polished piano. The whole house is dramatic. She said " it is so easy to decorate this way, any accent color works because there is no conflict with black and white all around".
Even her saltillo tile has a white stain on it. :dunno:
The frame will be black soon too!:D
They are lovely people and great to work with.
Shaz