Starting Weekend events early.

I'll be off in the morning for a fun time with a buddy interested. Some of the more notable Gun-makers will be on hand who are friends of my friend so I am sure this will be an experience for me. Now to find all my period clothing and camp stuff. Sure wish I had not put off making a shooters bag. :doh:

Raid at Martin's Station
Battle Reenactment/Trade Faire
Time Period: 1750-1790
Site: Wilderness Road State Park, Ewing, VA
Phone: (540) 445-3065
Email: wildrd@mounet.com
URL: http://www.historicmartinsstation.com/raid.html
This is a battle reenactment and a trade fair. This event, among other things, will be a reenactment of a battle between Cherokee warriors and settlers/hunters/militia near the original site of Martin's Station. Aside from the battle on Saturday, there will be skirmishes on Friday and Sunday as well. Also tours of the encampments and the Station, and a guided torchlight tour on Saturday night. There will also be app. 30 sutlers set up next to the Station area. This is a juried event you can contact Wilderness Road State Park (ask for Billy Heck) directly for jurying information.
There are some pictures there of Martin's cabin and station area in various stages of completion, and will attempt to post more as we go along. There are also some shots showing the area in general, which is about 10 miles east of Cumberland Gap, and has an incredible view of the mountains (the park sits almost at the base of the mountain).

One bird gobbled all morning and a poacher was on the property tring to get the Tom attention. To no avail.
So at 7:30 headed in and started the weekend of "Farmer Dave" First Grov showed me how to run the big John Deer and we hooked up the Disc's. 9-7 I was farming ! thinking of that old show whit Gaga and her husband rinding the tractor. I realized I have been a city boy for to long. LOL My back is killing. Grov's wife fixed a pork loin dinner and it was AWESOME and I went off to bed. Sleep straight though the open hunting hour but no problem , I was woken with a text message from Grov "hear any gobbles" ? My reply was not from the bed LOL
So Once I got up back on the John Deer and a bit more dicing and then harior the 4 fields. It was 7:30 PM when I finished and headed back to Md with a 5 Hour energy drink I was home free and in my bed , out like a light.

We did not make the Rendezvous but we did get a lot done that needed to get done for food plots.