Thread: Anyone know about this

Anyone know about this

My father-In-Law aquired a trying plane that looks identical to this. I am wonderig if anyone knows of make/model of the plane attached. Please forwad any information avail to

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    You might have better luck on the Hand tools forum here.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Delton, Michigan
    jason this should give you some more insight on what you may have,, they usually have a name embossed in them somewhere which helps to identify the maker.. but many were made by the user themselves.. here is a link to more info..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    Chances are that's a user-made plane. Many of the solid wood ones were (are). There were makers like Sandusky, or Ohio Tool, who made 'woodies,' but didn't mark them.

Perhaps yours is marked - most were marked by stamping the makers name, and perhaps a model number into the toe end.

If it's not marked, identifying it will likely be a crap shoot proposition. Seriously, good luck with that!
    Jim D.