Nuther Friday

Hey Vaughn,
Where abouts in Tucson.

Isn't that just a little north of Tubac??:D

I only got to live in Tucson one year, but loved the city... too bad all those Californians were selling their houses in CA and bringing all that cash into AZ and raising the prices of houses.... I figured you could get a really nice $100k house in Tucson for about $400k. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We're having company this weekend, so probably will just do tourist stuff... the wife's son is home for Mother's day, so Sunday we'll be going out for dinner. :thumb:

Isn't that just a little north of Tubac??:D

Its about 45 km north of Tubac..;):D

for those not familiar with the area. The stretch of road from Tucson to Nogales doesn't use miles markers, it uses km markers. The road was built during the period of time that the US were supposed to convert to metric so everything is measured in km. They never got aroung to making it right...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Its about 45 km north of Tubac..;):D

for those not familiar with the area. The stretch of road from Tucson to Nogales doesn't use miles markers, it uses km markers. The road was build during the period of time that the US were supposed to convert to metric so everything is measured in km. They never got aroung to making it right...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh, I always thought that was so the coyotes and their charges would know how far into AZ they were.... :dunno::type::rofl::rofl:

Saturday, I'm entered to ride in a 46 mile bike race in the morning. After that, I'll probably work on prepping the raised garden beds for planting next weekend.

Sunday, the family is scheduled to go to brunch with my wife' mother and grandmother. After that, I'll go see my mom and wish her a happy Mother's day.

Probably no time for any woodworking this weekend. However, next weekend I'm scheduled to begin a major remodel job on the house - adding onto the utility/laundry room.

For what it's worth, I've lost over 30 lbs since the beginning of the year through a combination of Weight Watchers and exercise. This is the first time I've ever truly tried to lose weight and have to say that Weight Watchers makes it sooo easy!

Hey Vaughn,
Where abouts in Tucson.

Not real sure. I think we'll be on the west side of town, but I don't know the details. It's wherever her dad lives, since that's where she's staying until she finds a place. :huh: For me it's a quick drive to AZ, spend the night on the couch at her dad's or sister's house, then fly back the next day. Still don't know what days that's gonna be at this point.

My weekend project started thursday after work. Set the post and framed our new 10' x 20' deck and layed out the decking before calling it quits at 8:30 last night. Not to bad for about 3 hours work. Picked up the material for the railings and the roof after work today. Loml had dug the 15 holes for the post while I was at work thursday.

Not real sure. I think we'll be on the west side of town, but I don't know the details. It's wherever her dad lives, since that's where she's staying until she finds a place. :huh: For me it's a quick drive to AZ, spend the night on the couch at her dad's or sister's house, then fly back the next day. Still don't know what days that's gonna be at this point.

Well I'm about an hour north so if ya need a place to crash, I have a spare beedroom. Call me if ya want. I promise to clear away whatever piece LOML is finishing from the bed..;)

Last edited:
Still counting Noggins... US Census... Did you fill yours out and send it in.

Please don't be nasty to the Enumerator who is simply trying to get a few questions answered. Super secret so don't lie or run off (Be surprized how public acts) Just trying to get a job done. :thumb: You would not believe how I have been lied to.... My crew works hard but still folks evade and refuse answers and even to answer the door. Spend most of my time & Tax payer money trying to help my crew make decent contact. We figure when you evade or ignore, you have something to hide... This is my second decade to do Census and still the same problems... Please help. and be a good American doing your Constitutional duty... Thomas Jefferson wrote it into the Constitution that we should count heads every ten years. Way we determine representation in congress. Woodworking is on hold... :(

This is my Friday...

Sat i am off to my sons first Football game of the summer club season. Should be interesting he has not played Football for a club before. This is JV level so they all little roosters.:D

Sunday working in my office again.:( Maybe get to the shop Sat morning for a few hours.

Don't forget gents, that Sunday is Mother's day!

I'm working on stuff from the Honey to do list on Sunday, my lovely wife and daughter are going shopping :wave:

when I got home from work last night, there were two small wooden crates from woodcraft.
I told my wife for mothers day she can help me start moving 1000s of lbs of wood and help me install the new lumber rack .
I told her think of the togetherness, all of us, moving lumber, screwing in lag bolts, what a day! so much bonding!!!!

I cant repeat her response.

when I got home from work last night, there were two small wooden crates from woodcraft.
I told my wife for mothers day she can help me start moving 1000s of lbs of wood and help me install the new lumber rack .
I told her think of the togetherness, all of us, moving lumber, screwing in lag bolts, what a day! so much bonding!!!!

I cant repeat her response.

And I convinced mine to dig 15 holes for the post to the new deck I building. She had them done in half a day.:eek:

Now I'm not ordinarily one of the picture patrolman, but wooden crates? I haven't seen anything shipped in a wooden crate in quite some time... got pics?

it was the lumber storage rack, I purchased 2 of them plus extra brackets.
Its extremely heavy. Each bracket must weigh in at 10 lbs.
I was suprised also to see it packaged in wood. I thought about saving it, but the wood was very warped. I still have one crate I didnt open, Ill shoot a pic when Im home tonight or tomorrow.

she just called me a while ago, she painted on the kilz primer to the stairs for me. covered up all the bare pine so we can paint it white.(final steps to finish the moldings downstairs)

shes generally not the type to do this kind of work.

Amazing! Those must be some heavy duty shelves. My big ole Grizzly drill press was delivered in a cardboard box and styrofoam... The drill press made it, the packaging materials did not...