Have you used TigerDirect for electronics?

I ordered parts for my wife's current computer from them. Great price, delivery was on time, and the product arrived with out a scratch. Yes, I would order from them again. My order was about 2 1/2 years ago. Jim.

I've not bought from them personally, but the guy who maintained the developers' computers at the software company where I used to work ordered from them pretty often, and had no complaints that I'm aware of.

Ron, I have two of their stores within half hour of my home. I have bought from the store and the website depending on the product availability at the store.

After years of using them i am now very weary of them. They dont do anything wrong in their service online ie You get what you ordered and it arrives quickly and you can return it and will get a credit in reasonable time etc. They will even credit you the shipping cost for returns if they have it wrong or the product does not do what it supposed to.

The problem is the products they carry. Some if you know your brands and know what you are going to get are fantastic value.

Others are end of life runs or gimicks that did not make it in the real world that they then clear at low prices.

Their marketing is superb but you need to know what you buying. Its a minefield for the non tech that would buy say a hard drive based on price and the find that the particular series of hard drive had user reviews in the real world that were less than favorable. Which is why they are now getting rid of the stock.

I am pretty tech literate and find its a love hate relationship with these guys. But I suppose thats because i expect the product to last and do what it was supposed to.:huh:

Pm me if you want an opinion on something specific.

Rob nailed it.
Years ago when my computers were home cobbled together, I would buy bare bones towers, mother boards, etc. from them. If there were problems they would accept return, check out unit and repair/replace or whatever. Problem was, they often could not, or, more likely claimed, they could not find the problem and sent the unit back still defective.
I gave up on them.

I've never had a problem, but like Rob said, if you're in the field and know exactly what you want, they're great. If not, it's real easy to misorder.

These days I've been ordering from Microcenter , mainly because they've got a store 20 minutes away, and I can go in and make sure the stuff will work... ;)

Prices are good, too...

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks for the responses. It's nothing too sophisticated I'm looking at--a refurb MP3 player. It is probably more of a question of how much I trust Microsoft to refurb a Zune.