Nuter Friday

Boise Philharmonic tonight. Tomorrow, mow, yard work, and maybe some time on my tables. Sunday church, more shop work if I can convince myself to stay inside - should be high 70's and sunny both days.

Remodeling "my" reading room. Building a sink cabinet and installing a utility sink.

Other than that, it's just been a long week and I'm really not that interested in doing much at all...

Tomorrow I'll be at my dad's for a trial run with his new tent for our show next weekend. We'll be make some weights from PVC and sand to help hold it down too. Sunday, yard work and some shop time too.

Crankin' on 14 feet of floor to ceiling bookshelves for a client today and tomorrow. Sorry, no pics. Don't do that for client projects. Sunday, church of course, and long day of meetings. Plus the 250 mile round trip drive.

doing whatever my son asks me to do all weekend, all next week, all next weekend and the week after that till thursday before memorial day.
basically, painting, and laying a pergo floor, and moving day is next saturday, so I took off from work.(I dont lift anything, Im just a driver and security, gofer when all invovled want to eat)

I've been puttering around in shop. Not accomplishing much. Looking for an old Neander tool. Can't find. Must have given away. Actually did a little cleaning and organizing. Tomorrow going to Berryville, Arkansas for the big fall muzzle loading championships. Won't be shooting. My torn up left shoulder can't support a rifle. Waiting for VA to do surgery on it. Just will visit with old friends. Been raining like crazy here and the camping area at the range is low and can be tire trapping muddy, p'robly just as well we aren't taking the trailer. Church Sunday a.m. then a birthday party in aft. for a friend of ours. She will be 95 and is a WWII veteran.

Attachments

• Gen small.jpg
    Gen small.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10
I've got 12 yards of mulch in the driveway. It's gonna be me, a shovel, a rake and the wheelbarrow for a while . . . . Maybe my Dad will come over and operate the rake. He always asks what were moving - Smart man. He helped me when I put the 3/4" clean stone under where the deck was gonna be built. Shoveling, wheeling, dumping and raking 3/4" stone is a lot harder work than mulch.

It's time for some CURBSIDE SHOPPING . . . A nearby town has bulk pickup for 6 weekends - they break the town into sections and each section is picked up one of the weeks. I've made a little money picking up other folks cast aside furniture, using it for a while in my house and then selling it at garage sales. The only rule I have - nothing upholstered.

Last weekend I grabbed a homemade workbench/work table for it's double-lock caster's. It's pretty rough but the casters are keepers. I'm using it till I figure out what I like/hate and build my own.

Cheers

Jim

Tomorrow is an outing to the California Strawberry Festival up the coast in Oxnard with LOML and a few of her friends. I might sneak off to Wally World to pick up some pistol food while they're at the outlet mall afterward. (Not many Wally Worlds near the house, and they seldom have much selection in the ammo department.)

Sunday looks like I'll be catching up on yard chores that have been neglected for the past week and a half while I was helping a friend move out of state. To make things more interesting, she went into the hospital with an infection and heart condition a couple days before the movers showed up to pack and haul her belongings away. (I handled the final packing and cleanup for her.) After she spent five days in the hospital and a couple at our house recovering, I drove her in her car to Tucson. Thus I have a lot to catch up on at the house. ;)

Sunday looks like I'll be catching up on yard chores that have been neglected for the past week and a half while I was helping a friend move out of state. To make things more interesting, she went into the hospital with an infection and heart condition a couple days before the movers showed up to pack and haul her belongings away. (I handled the final packing and cleanup for her.) After she spent five days in the hospital and a couple at our house recovering, I drove her in her car to Tucson. Thus I have a lot to catch up on at the house. ;)

You sir, are a good friend and have earned much pointos de Karma... :thumb: :thumb:

This weekend the art group my wife and I belong to is having an art show locally... reception was tonight.. nice turn out. The show will run through Sunday and LOML and I will be manning the host desk for a couple of hours on Sunday. Tomorrow we have to get up early, load the truck and head for K'ville for another Farmers Market Craft show.