Thread: Model T Ford

Portland, Oregon

Model T Ford

Here's a video on how they made the Model T Ford, interesting watching how they made the wooden spoked wheels. Ol' Henry had him a quite a going concern! I wonder what ever happened to that 15 millionth car??
    Last edited by Dan Mooney; 05-15-2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    I thnk most of us have seen portions of that video at some time. But, in all, it was interesting and informative. I would like to see our cars get back to simple and reliable again.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I've not seen any of it before. Very interesting.

Cars will never be simple again, but they've come a long way in reliablity the last several years.

Very cool. Thanks for posting that!
    Got Wood?

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    I'm not quite old enough to remember the Modle T, but my grandfather had a Model A with a rumble seat that I wanted so bad I could almost taste it... he drove it during the early '50's before he traded it for an early '50's pick up. The guy who bought it, turned it into a hot rod and wrecked it first race....real bummer. I was only 12 or 13, so not likely I would ever have got it myself.

My family's first car was also a Model A coupe... my dad bought it about 1948 or 1949. We drove around parts of east Texas with two adults and 3 kids under 12 for about a year, then we moved to west Texas and towed a 12 foot trailer with all our worldly goods. After we got to WT, Dad bought a burned out 4 seater body and switched bodies... so for the next year we ran around modified Model A... we had Masonite on the interior of the car for upholstery. I think he traded that in 1951 for a 1941 frog green sedan...
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

ABQ NM
    Very cool, Dan. I hadn't seen most of that footage. I liked the family going for a drive (with the kid in the back seat bouncing up and down), and the off-roading shots.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Central NY State
    Thanks Dan, that was really interesting.

North West Indiana
    I really appreciate seeing that Dan. It was very informative as well as entertaining and on my own, would never had run across that probably. Good job my friend, appreciate you sharing that video.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist