Free - PS&W 10" brace - u pay shipping

ken werner

This is an Ugh-Lee 10" swing bit brace made by Peck Stow and Wilcox, better known by its later name, Pexto. If your initials are LB, it's perfect for you, because they are clearly carved out on the cap and the handle, which I think may be cocobolo. The chuck is ok, and it all works ok. The ratchet works fine in both directions. Somebody painted it an awful mustard color, and it doesn't look like a Powermatic. It's free, but you'll have to pay shipping, which will be $10 or less, depending on whether it goes in a flat rate box, or if it can go cheaper via parcel post. First PM will get this beauty.

LB.jpg

side-1.jpg

chuck-1.jpg

Looks like the anti rust primer we had back in SA called zinc chromate or the guy wanted to make sure the crook realized this is going to stand out in a crowd.:D

Ken i already got one but very kind of you to offer it for the price of shipping.

Thanks Mr. Keeble, but it looks like I can't even give it away...maybe I should throw in some auger bits? Only kidding - I'm keeping that nice set of bits.

Attachments

• Irwin bit set.jpg
    Irwin bit set.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 26
My Neander days are over but I keep one hanging from the rafters and have a selection of bits for it. About once or twice a year I find myself reaching for it to do a job nothing else will accomplish.