Hi Time Furniture finishing

I do mean Hi Time ! LOL

This is a water damage piece, It had an oil finish and waxed only. The wood is either RON RON [RUM RUM] or GUAPINOL from South America where the piece was made.

The cleaner finish is basicly one step ;
3 part finish
1/3 rd alcohol
1/3 rd Turps
1/3 rd BLO

Keep shaken or mixed well an use in well ventilated area.

I started this morning with, purple pads cut into 2" squares, a 1" brush and a squeeze bottle full of the cleaner. Cleaning and area 4x4" square and moving on to the next then the next till finished. after it's all done with a clean soft rag with some elbow grease buff out the finish. The BLO will remain , the alcohol with evaporate and the Turps will hold the dirt. Then tomorrow I will brush on another coat of the solution and let dry and buff out again.

Attachments

• CIMG0043.JPG
    CIMG0043.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 56
  • CIMG0044.JPG
    CIMG0044.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 49
  • CIMG0045.JPG
    CIMG0045.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 47
  • CIMG0046.JPG
    CIMG0046.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 50
  • CIMG0047.JPG
    CIMG0047.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 48
  • CIMG0049.JPG
    CIMG0049.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Man, that makes my fingers sore just thinking about getting into all the nooks and crannies. You made a remarkable improvement. :thumb:

one thing that makes it very easy when waxing; use one of the round shoe polish brushes for the carved areas. You can get colored toned waxes some with penetrating stain some with out. I like the penetrating stain wax. After the wax is brushed on simple buffing and it's finished.

Larry these are the 2 wax's I use with color

1. American custom Paste Wax ; found on-line by Rosini's
Dark Oak is a great brown which was used for this project.

2. Kiwi Bois; also make a very good colored wax. Their Mahogany is a rich cordovan color.

Also make sure to ware good gloves LOL