Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's another Friday

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

It's another Friday

Well another week has gone by and we have the weekend to thinks about. I'll be in the shop this week endI have all of my restorations caught up so I'll spent the week end on the commision. I got a tenetive date July 19th) for when the building will be buit so it's time I got serious about doing the bigger pieces. No races to watch so just shop time with church on sunday morn. So whatcha all got in the works ?
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

• Take the last of the junipers to the dump.
    • Pick up a truckload of bark for the now naked beds where the junipers used to live.
    • Finish up the base cab for my bathroom renovation. Mount the doors, sand, stain, finish, take pictures to prove I did it
    • Make a solar heater for the pool out of PVC.
    • Take a hike in the hills with Starbuck.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

moving my son into his house.
    My furniture is getting their final destination.(at least for 50 years I hope)

A little more landscaping. LOML is off doing something with friends so progress in the shop is a given. I'm stalled on a couple things due to a repair delay but need a revised BS circle jig and a blank glued up for a table top. That ought to keep me busy.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

My dad and I will be in our booth at an art show tomorrow all day...suppose to be 82 and sunny, but winds in the 15-25mph range. Glad we made some weights for the tent, I think we'll need them! Sunday, wife, kid and I are going to an equestrian grand prix at our friends farm...should be fun there too!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    PLEASE - post pics of this process!!

Church, clean pool, work on tables. Gee, that sounds like last weekend!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Need to go get a sheet of MDF and start the extension table replacement for the new saw. Needs to be longer. Will build a torsion box out of 1/2 MDF. Gotta mow and I need to blow all the pecan seed twirlies off the roof. If not, they pack up in the valleys and turn to mud when it rains. LOML will be out all day tomorrow. So that will slow me down since I'll have to keep up with the dogs and what they are doing. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    I made one in California but instead of PVC I used the black 1/2 thin walled pipe thats used for drip systems. It worked rather well. I just coiled it up in 50 foot rolls.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I will be barbecueing on the grill tomorrow for my daughters graduation party and then tearing out the old kitchen sunday morning!

Sorry for your loss Bob.

Lets see, need to start on the TV Stand. Change oil in all 3 vehicles, not sure how they all hit at once. Mow yard, work on yard at beauty shop. Pick up a beef we had butchered. Church, take daughter to work and pick up, both days. Dang I never should have post it all, now I don't want to start.

Don there is a race, you can watch it online tomorrow night. I think TNT will have it. Just go to nascar.com and find where. That's what I am going to do.