Condolences to Bob Gibson

Bob Gibson

This should be in another tread but I don't have the time or will to do it now. My Step Dad passed away this morning (he was like my real Dad) so I'll be making arrangements all weekend.

[Although it was originally posted in the Friday thread, I moved this post (and the ones accompanying it) into this new thread. Very sorry to hear of your loss, Bob. - Vaughn]

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too, Condolences are surely offered. Tis a hard time for you, I am sure, but it is a life cycle and your memories will always be with you. Best to take some time and then build something deticated to him. This you can have and when you see it, you will remember the good times.

Bob, there are no words to really bring comfort to you at this time. I pray you feel God's comfort as well as enjoy any and all friends and their stories at this time. You will hear old stories, maybe with new twists, you will probably hear a story or two that is new that will make you chuckle that you will come to appreciate more as time goes by. There are biological dads that give the genetic material, then there are the real/true dads that mold the genetic material into the adult we are, some of us experience this with one male, some with many (it does take a community for some of us!) thank God you had a shot at one that picked you cause he wanted to. I am sorry for your current duties, but I hope I don't bury one of my children so I guess I am selfish and leave that chore for them. So sorry Bob and family.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

He was a great man. A retired fireman from Wellesley Mass. and a former Marine who served in WW ll. He married my Mom when I was 2 and I never thought of him as any different than I did my real Dad. They were both Dads and fathers to me.

John was a simple man who lived for his family, God, and country. He was a man of great integrity, character and honesty. He set a great example for me and my sister as well as his 10 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren.