Thread: youtube problems

youtube problems

I don't visit youtube very often but friends send e-mails with interesting videos and people here post some good ones.
    Lately, I have not been able to play youtube videos. They just don't open. I do have it set to 'auto play'. And, I am able to play videos from other sites.
    Enneybody here know wassup?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I think it is just YouTube having a hiccup, I had the same thing happen last week, one hour later, the videos played fine
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

It is the standard result of YouTube middle management ignoring the repeated capacity projections and solutions provided to them by their engineers. This creates a complete informational blackout for upper management who only know something is a potential problem (and easily avoided) when it actually becomes a problem. An emergency is declared, the innocent are blamed and then middle management is allowed a wide berth to resolve the "unforeseeable outage" by allocating funds and man-hours that would otherwise have to be carefully planned and negotiated . . .

Oh wait . . . that's not YouTube; that's at my job

Actual quote overheard at the executive level: "never let a good crisis go unexploited".
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Yeppers,that was it. I went to the dreaded YT site and clicked on what I thought would be a less popular video. Popped right open as did several more. Now I know it works, even if I don't look again for weeks, or months.
    Thanks.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    It is the standard result of YouTube middle management ignoring the repeated capacity projections and solutions provided to them by their engineers. This creates a complete informational blackout for upper management who only know something is a potential problem (and easily avoided) when it actually becomes a problem. An emergency is declared, the innocent are blamed and then middle management is allowed a wide berth to resolve the "unforeseeable outage" by allocating funds and man-hours that would otherwise have to be carefully planned and negotiated . . .

Oh wait . . . that's not YouTube; that's at my job

Actual quote overheard at the executive level: "never let a good crisis go unexploited".

Faith, Hope & Charity

I heard on TV (on TV, I'm sure it's 100% reliable ) that fully ONE THIRD of the world's population logs on to YT daily. 'scuse me while I take off my shoes.....Yep, that's a lot of people.
    These days, I would not be surprised if that were correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    I heard on TV (on TV, I'm sure it's 100% reliable ) that fully ONE THIRD of the world's population logs on to YT daily. 'scuse me while I take off my shoes.....Yep, that's a lot of people.
    These days, I would not be surprised if that were correct.
    Frank,
    You're old enough to know that you take 1/2 of what you hear on TV as fabrication and the other half probably comes with a grain of salt... especially if it makes for good ratings....
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

I've been starting on my first AR15 build and have noticed the same watching the videos on there pausing badly. Thought it was just my connection since both the PC and laptop were doing it. But hadn't had any problems with Netflix (which my wife would have informed me of a problem anyway ). Good to know it's not just me but another 2.X billion people also.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault