My first room complete-bedroom

allen levine

Its a feeling of accomplishment and a sense of pride knowing I built a complete set of furniture(less one night table), something a few years ago Id never dream possible.And its for my son, so its something Ive always wanted to do when I started working with hardwoods.
I assisted with the floor. He did the back breaking work, I did the cutting.
I did the molding.
It feels good.
(the back of the rear leg took a few dings, and mahogany dings well, so Im going to have to sand them flat and touch them up eventually)
Overall, my son and a couple of his friends did an incredible job of moving heavy things like the player piano and the entertainment unit I built without marring any of them or harming any walls.

Attachments

• two (Medium).JPG
    two (Medium).JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 76
  • four (Medium).JPG
    four (Medium).JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 70
  • five (Medium).JPG
    five (Medium).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
thankyou, he just needs to add some artwork or color.
He pushed the dresser closer to the bed for pictures, the bedroom is a bit over 20 feet long.
I promised him if he takes on a SO in the future, Id add a vanity if they want it, and another long low dresser with mirror.

Last edited:
Good Job

Hey Allen, You sure did a really good job. What a sense of accomplishment when you move the furniture into the room for the first time and it makes you want to start planning the next project. Good Job, Joe

Kudos, Mr. Levine. :thumb: Not only is the furniture great-looking, the fact that it's for your son (and from his viewpoint, from his dad) makes it that much more special.

Your woodworking skills and willingness to tackle big projects have grown a lot in the past couple years. It's been great to watch it happen. :clap:

then youd have to make extra room for me in your house, cause my wife would kick me out for sure.
I did tell her that once I finished the dining table Im about to make, Im going to set it up in the big bedroom and apply the finish in there so the finish goes on smooth.
(its for her son, so anything for her son.)
I dont think she'd go for the wood storage, although Id love to put the 200 bf of mahogany in there for now.
I have to be extremely sweet these days, shes going through separation syndrome pretty bad.
She had both children move out the same day. And to make things worse, all she has left living with her is me, and Im no prize.(booby prize)