A shop day with my granddaughter

Tom Niemi

Staff member
My oldest granddaughter (12) has taken shop in school:thumb: but never seemed to show much interest in my shop............until today:D She would always come down but leave in a few minutes, today she came down as I was final fitting the replacement door I goofed up on and asked if she could make a box:eek: I said give me a few and we will see. Well a minute later she came out of the wood shed with a piece of 1/2" ply and asked if she could use it, YEP go for it. So she marked up the measurements and gave to me to cut. She did the rest. Just a plywood box but she sure was proud of it, so am I :D

Attachments

• Dana's Box.jpg
    Dana's Box.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Dana's Box 2.jpg
    Dana's Box 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Dana's Box 3.jpg
    Dana's Box 3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Dana's Box 4.jpg
    Dana's Box 4.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Dana's Box 5.jpg
    Dana's Box 5.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Dana's Box 6.jpg
    Dana's Box 6.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 79
The smile in the last pic says it all, Tom. :thumb: She'll be remembering this day for the rest of her life. ;) Way to go, Grandpa. :clap:

Like Rex, I hope there are many more events like this between you and your grandchildren (might give me a chance to catch up on the kitchen!:rofl:). Hmmmmm, so now the wood teacher in me wants to know if she is going to pass that off as her final exam in her shop class??
Days like that just make the world a better place to be in don't they? All that money and concern, those tools were worth every penny today!!! Good job Gramps!!!!

Thanks all, it was fun and she did enjoy herself:thumb: and Larry she has already asked me to help her with a jewelry box for her mom so some more shop time with her is in the near future:D

Way to go Tom, the time away from the kitchen is priceless. Kitchen will always be there waiting for you, these moments dont last forever so you gotta grab em while you can.;):thumb: