Uh, is this right?

What a hack! I was amused/shocked by his use of a "fingerboard". Then watching him get whacked in the nuts two times by kickback thrown pieces and he doesn't get it.

I am speechless. I now understand some of the drivers I see on the road or those obliviously rude people you see in the grocery store. There is apparently an entire sub-nation of people out there who require training-wheels for many aspects of their life.

First workshop lesson I learned was do not use the fence on a table saw for cross cutting. Hunka 2x4 shot into the solar plexus is a lesson not soon forgotten.
I didn't watch the whole video, afraid I would learn a bad lesson.

It's a classic case of someone who doesn't know exactly what it is he doesn't know. Unbelieveable.... He seems to have acknowledged at least that what he's doing isn't right, but he still left the video up...

I just now tried to post a comment (with some suggestions) but YouTube returned an error message. :doh:

I'll try again later. :rolleyes:

I will be honest, I didn't make it very far into the video. Just to much to soak up and learn all at once.

To be honest, with the judgment that was past down while back, I can't believe the saw manufacture hasn't ask for that to be pulled. You can't fix stupid.

guess it's gone????????????? I keep getting a boxing match from your link.:dunno::dunno:

Yup...

Video%20Removed%20by%20User.jpg

Probably for the best. The guy did seem genuinely concerned about safety, but he just didn't have the education on using the tablesaw that he needed. ;)

Seemed like a nice guy enamored with woodworking shows and wanted to share some things with folks. But the things he did with a table saw were a recipe for disaster.

You don't have to watch much, but is this how it is done? Could this be one of the mysterious Ryobi tablesaws that eats fingers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqIKIYUtJm4&feature=related

Video removed before I saw. But this string reminds me. a friend got a newly used Ryobi and I was over at his garage one day when he was getting ready to use it. "What the Heck (not my word) are you doing?" shouts I. :eek:

after a rant and screeming session we went into teaching mode where he followed my directions to the letter...

Reminds me of the time I had to teach a Carpentry class whilst the new guy went to school to get certified. He was a great Framing Carpenter but knew nothing of Machine tool work. The same "What the Heck" when I saw him use the Radial Arm Saw... He was adressing it as if it were a "Skil Saw" on a frame, exposing the blade to the world and his hands and pushing into the wood. Another time I walked in and saw him Freehand wood across the Tablesaw. "Get yourself some Machine tool training" whilst I show these boys (and girls) proper procedures.

"We don't need no Stinkin' instructions..." Oops! :eek: