Live Streaming Cam from BP Oil Leak

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Dunno what might be showing by the time any of you see this link, but it's the live feed from the BP submersibles working on the leak. Pretty fascinating stuff going on tonight.

Live Feed

that was great, all the sea life that they are showing and the great photography.. that one clip of that shark coming threw for a look was really surprizing..

They were showing the robot arms doing various tests and such...now they're just showing the plume out of the end of the pipe.

I've seen a couple of eels and a BIG jellyfish over the course of the past few hours. (I've got the video stream running on one monitor while I do work on the other.)

Surprised that they would let this be public. Must be that full disclosure thing.

As bad as this is, have they ever released the names of the 11 or so who died or is that old news now?

all i really saw vaughn was just the bottom with nothing coming out, it must have been postioned wrong...

They were moving around a fair amount earlier, and some of the shots were pretty blank. Some were really interesting, too. BP is saying the top kill operation will take up to two days to complete, so there may be some dead stretches in the middle.

Still showing the main plume right now. (That's a 19 1/2" diameter pipe, BTW.)

Anyone who lives in or near the bayous, or even has visited, knows there are thousands (make that 'thousands and thousands') of small oil pipes leading from the gulf to the refineries. A boat trip through the bayous reveals these pipes, ranging from 1" in diameter to 6" and 8", strung through the trees or just laying on the ground. Most look pretty decrepit and, to my eye when I saw them, ready to break and leak. These are individually owned feeds to the refineries where meters record what each owner will be paid. I'm not opposed to the concept but these (seemingly) neglected pipes could be another Louisiana environmental disaster just waiting to happen. Or easy targets for vandalism.

Last edited:
Not sure whats going on with the live feed now, (They are supposed to be doing the "top kill", but there's several 'plumes' and they are different colors...

Not sure whats going on with the live feed now, (They are supposed to be doing the "top kill", but there's several 'plumes' and they are different colors...

the differnt plume colors are from the differnt octanes one is diesel the rust coloerd one and the other two are unleaded one is 87 octane and the other is the 89 octane.. since the pipe broke they are all coming out at once now..

Not to dispute the wisdom of the all powerful Larry:rofl: the color change is supposed to be the top kill at work. Well really it might not be working, that might be the mud being forced out? Where did the extra leak come from?

the differnt plume colors are from the differnt octanes one is diesel the rust coloerd one and the other two are unleaded one is 87 octane and the other is the 89 octane.. since the pipe broke they are all coming out at once now..

What ever happened to Ethel? When I was a kid we could regular or Ethel? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: