Bosch 1617 router combo

Steve Ash

I was waiting for my friend to call me back on wheter he'd get rid of his old router so I could get a collet I needed for my old router,

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1873

when my wife walked in the shop and seen my dilemma and standstill on a job I am working on.

She said " Honey, why don't you just go down to Johnson's and buy yourself what you need to continue?"

Not being one to argue with my lovely wife...I went down and bought a new Bosch 1617 combo....I am still waiting for a call back from my friend to see if I can get his old router for the collett, but with the new one I continued to make progress on the job at hand.

Attachments

• boschpowertoolsource_1933_1012978.jpg
    boschpowertoolsource_1933_1012978.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 16
put me on the list:)

i am sure others would want to be as well but i wanted to be frsrt.. steve put me on the list to have your wifes attitude and willingness whenever you are threw with her .. i could use a newer model of that tool:) exspecailly one that is so full of extra's:D :thumb: just ask and you will receive...lucky guy:)

Steve,

Congrats. I have 2 and really like them. Amazon had this set on a blow-out special last year for $145....

View attachment 4103

I have 1 in my small router table and one for hand work. Amazingly quiet for a router.

Enjoy.

Greg

Last edited:
i am sure others would want to be as well but i wanted to be frsrt.. steve put me on the list to have your wifes attitude and willingness whenever you are threw with her

Sorry....when they plant me in the ground, I'll be through with her, she is definatley a keeper....:thumb:

Nice router. I really need a decent plunge router. I hate to do it because money's pretty tight right now but I may end up having to buy one soon. I haven't heard back yet but I may end up having to make an outdoor sign for an animal rescue that is moving to a new facility. I did their logo design and I'm going to produce decals for them to put on vehicles. I asked whether they had a sign or not and she said that they didn't. I told them that I could make them a nice two sided routed wooden sign for them to hang out front. I know that money is tight for them too because they are always looking for donations and such so the sign will probably not be a big money maker for me. Because of that I'd hate to end up having to spend the bulk of my profit on a tool just to do the job. But maybe in the long run it'll be worth it because it could possibly lead to future work where there would be more money involved.

Anyway, congrats on the new tool. When and if I end up buying one I'll post it too.

Take care

John

Congrats on the new tools, and on having a wife like that. I've got a couple P-C 690s with one of each kind of base, but like Jim, if they ever die I'll be looking hard at the Bosch set.