Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodturningz - Good Service

Woodturningz - Good Service

A little while back I ordered 2 yellow ribbon inlay blanks from Woodturningz. When they came in I promptly epoxyed both blanks onto Sierra tubes and let them cure for a couple of days. When I turned the first one for my Cousin's son who had just returned from Afghanistan I was very disappointed in the results and could not send something like that to anyone. The ribbon looked washed out in parts and in other parts was almost brown and the wood was not great to say the least. My first thought were "Is this what these are like"? I turned the second blank and it came out beautifully.

I took pictures and sent an email to Ryan at Woodturningz expressing my dissatisfaction. Within a day Ryan contacted me and advised that they would be replacing the tube at N/C. Their supplier did not know what had caused the problem but also did not hesitate to replace the tube. Bad blank is on the left. Both have had 1 coat of sanding sealer applied.

Instead of just having them ship a blank all by itself I added to an order I was already contemplating. Its not the cost of the item its the service behind it that makes for repeat customers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0003-3.jpg  

Glen, I have met Ryan and his staff at their place of business and they are woodworkers themselves and seem to always think like we do and treat customers like they would want to be treated. Good bunch. I have only purchased a few items from them but have been satisfied with the quality.

Tom
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

I've never tried one of those. I'll order a couple from them.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I've not purchased anything from them yet, but I've heard nothing but good comments about the folks at Woodturningz. Glad to see they took care of you well.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I order my slimlines from him and when I have had a problem he has came thru quickly.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day
    and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    well lets see now Woodturningz got a and Penn state got a so I guess the woodturningz will get a few new customers from Pen State..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Of course they are in Indiana, I teach in NorthWestern Indiana. But seriously, if I call them with student orders before noon, I will have the order at my home the next day! They are as I have said, super to talk with and buy from and they are no nonsense, it will be there and be right. They have sold us pen kits and supplies at cost or less for our soldier pen project both years now!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    well lets see now Woodturningz got a and Penn state got a so I guess the woodturningz will get a few new customers from Pen State..

The only down side is Don I think they get their stuff from PSI so the PSI guys score anyhow.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    The only down side is Don I think they get their stuff from PSI so the PSI guys score anyhow.
    I don't know the percentage or if all of their stuff comes from PSI, but I can buy from Woodturningz cheaper than I can PSI.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

I'm pretty sure they sell PSI stuff, and usually cheaper, but I have been will satisfied with PSI items and if I can get them with greater, faster service from Woodturningz, that is a big plus. I have never had any problems with Woodturningz. Great place. Cheaper makes it even a bigger plus.