Hey Sports Fans, it's time to give some stuff away!
At the Tour de Wood meet-up at my house, Dan Gonzales generously donated two hand planes to the forum, asking that we give them away to a forum member who could put them to use.
This giveaway includes a Stanley Handyman #5 plane, and a Fulton #4 plane. Although this collection isn't likely to set any sales records on eBay, both planes are serviceable starter planes for someone who's wanting to learn to how to set up and use hand planes. Both are in need of some cleanup and fettling. They have minor surface rust, and I suspect the irons are in need of a proper honing. (To sweeten the deal a bit, I'll give them a quick honing on my Tormek, but the lucky winner will likely want to do more once they receive them.) Dan got these as project planes, but didn't get around to fixing them up before he found other projects that were more compelling. Instead of having them collect dust in his shop, he wanted someone else to have the opportunity to learn from them and use them. (They might also be handy as "loaner planes" for someone who already has a complete set of Stanley Bedrocks in the till.)
As with our previous forum giveaways, here are the basic rules:
1. Our giveaways are "opt in" affairs. Only the members who enter the drawing by answering to that effect in the poll are eligible to win. The poll will be open for a week, and a numbered list will be made of the entrants. We'll use www.random.org to pick the winning number.
2. Family Woodworking Staff members are ineligible. Sorry Brent.
3. You must enter to win. If you accidentally voted "No Thanks" or change your mind, send me a PM and I'll get you moved to the right list. This is a new drawing...if you entered another drawing you will not be included in this one unless you enter it.
4. The drawing will be done using a computer-generated random number. That number will be matched to the corresponding entry number. In other words, if 100 people enter the drawing, the number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100.
5. The drawing will be done at (or somewhere shortly after) 5:00 PM Pacific time on Friday, June 4th. The winner will be notified via e-mail and PM, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If it remains unclaimed, it's back to the random number picker to find another name. Once the winner is confirmed, the prize will be sent to the address the winner specifies.
Show them what there's gonna win, Bob...
Attachment 45839 Attachment 45840 Attachment 45841 Attachment 45842
Good luck to all, and many thanks to Dan Gonzales for the generous donation. And stay tuned, there's at least one more giveaway coming up soon.