Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday and a 3 day weekend

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

It's Friday and a 3 day weekend

got any special plans. Not me I'll be doing the same. The race is on Sunday evening so I won't be interupting my shop time.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Got lots of plans, not sure how many I'll get done though!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Meeting today with placement service. Tomorrow is shop time and some yard work. Sunday church then a graduation party for a daughter of a friend. Monday will be more shop time unless the grand kids come over - but since it has been so cool and the pool is not ready that might not happen. Maybe I can put them to work in the yard...
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Gotta Work
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Mostly just trying to catch up on stuff in general. No real specific plans right now.

I hope to get started on a canoe paddle I want to build.

Have a great weekend and remember those who gave their all for us.
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND

Shooting range tomorrow morning, a friend is trying out his .22 conversion on his AR15. Will be assembling my AR if brown shows up in time today, otherwise that will be next week. Moving my daughter stuff...again...that afternoon. Working on another set of grips for the HP22 (taking lots of pics for a write-up). Going to stop at the wholesale club and pickup some brisket and ribs to smoke either Sunday or Monday also. Sunday dinner or possibly Monday dinner with the kids.

Mostly enjoying the weekend, has been a good week. My contract job has converted to a direct hire and I start my new/old job on Tuesday.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Shooting range tomorrow morning, a friend is trying out his .22 conversion on his AR15. Will be assembling my AR if brown shows up in time today, otherwise that will be next week. Moving my daughter stuff...again...that afternoon. Working on another set of grips for the HP22 (taking lots of pics for a write-up). Going to stop at the wholesale club and pickup some brisket and ribs to smoke either Sunday or Monday also. Sunday dinner or possibly Monday dinner with the kids.

Mostly enjoying the weekend, has been a good week. My contract job has converted to a direct hire and I start my new/old job on Tuesday.
    congrats darren on gettun full time employment again,, i am probally gonna need your contributions soon
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Im going to take it easy this weekend.
    I work tomorrow, maybe Ill start taping up for the molding painting tomorrownight.
    sunday, painting, wood selection and maybe a bit of milling the rough lumber for my table build, more painting,
    monday, continue cleanup of garage, mill more wood, paint and try to finish up downstairs so I can devote my time to woodworking this coming month.
    my son is making his first bbq sunday, but Im not sure if I have time to drive over there and sit around.
    if I do go, Ill bring over all his shelving and help himinstall some of it,

Drive out to Texas a & m for my daughters commencment ceremonies tomorrow. She is the first class to gradute from Magnolia West High School. Then back to work in the shop and smoke some brisket and ribs on the grill.

Bale hay, watch races Sunday, bale hay. Try to get some time in on TV stand, never should have started it right now. Gad party Saturday for youngest brother. I have been out of HS for 26 years and he is just getting out. Ouch was that another gray hair that just popped out?