Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: before you need to ask

before you need to ask

........there is that sliding thing at the right on your lathe bed. It usually has a pointy thingy in it. Before turning sumptin' it is a good idea to bring that pointy thingy up to the wood you plan to turn and secure there. Kinda keeps things from flying away and breaking. Thought you might want to know this. DAMHIK
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    ........there is that sliding thing at the right on your lathe bed. It usually has a pointy thingy in it. Before turning sumptin' it is a good idea to bring that pointy thingy up to the wood you plan to turn and secure there. Kinda keeps things from flying away and breaking. Thought you might want to know this. DAMHIK
    "Houston we have lift off"....
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

NOW YOU TELL ME

You mean that elbow spike? It moves?

I'm guessing that when it happened your probably said 2 words, the first of which was "oh" ?
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Hmmmmmm, am I to assume LANGUAGE was used after this incident? Hope all is well.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

And sometimes thing will jump off and break even with the pointy thing in place... still haven't figured out how the bowl came out from between the cole jaws and t ail stock, but it's now about 20 pieces...

and can attest to results if you don't use the pointy thing....
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

I am assuming at the time of launch that as Bill Grumbine would say bad words were said.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day
    and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Houston we have lift off.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Hmmmmmm, am I to assume LANGUAGE was used after this incident? Hope all is well.
    I actually confess to nothing.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire