What an evening!!!

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Larry had another visitor yesterday and I was fortunate to get an invite:D Ken Werner and his wife are on the road and stopped for a visit, Man they are good folks:thumb: and Ken was kind enough to show us the proper way to sharpen plane blades and how to set them up. Very enlightening to me as I have read a lot but never been shown, THANKS KEN:thumb::thumb::thumb: Then we had a great supper Randi prepared:D Had a brisket that Larry got together with Alan Bielein to get up here, Gots to get more of that stuff, my personal thanks for helping Larry with the brisket Alan:thumb::thumb::thumb:. All in all a great evening, Man I love these family visits:D Great meeting both you and you lovely wife Ken, enjoy the rest of your trip and stay safe:)

Attachments

• Sharpening Lessons.jpg
    Sharpening Lessons.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Larry, Ken & Tom.jpg
    Larry, Ken & Tom.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 73
I couldn't have asked for better hosts. I've met Larry before on the T de W of 2009, and I knew I liked him. Tom and his wife, Larry and Randi were just wonderful company, and like Tom said, the food was fabulous. [Tom did some excellent grilling.] The ladies seemed to have almost as much fun as the boys too. Oh and let me say, Larry has built himself one fine shop.

A night to remember for a good long while. And you know if and when you get to Central NY, my door and table are always open for you....I feel so fortunate to be part of this wonderful group.

ken softened me up with some lienkoogles,, very tasty.. and it was definatly a mutual feeling in the great time was had by all..to little time and to much to do..i told you you needed to come on sunday so we could have more time.. now you need to come back, ken and shelly can come as well.. she was as much fun as ken is..

Beer? There's beer in that picture? I thought we moved them all out of the way. And Tom brought along some genuine Michigan microbrew that was very tasty.

Congrats to all! Something terrible would have to go wrong if you visit Larry and Randi and have anything other than a great time. They are wonderful hosts, Mr and Mrs Tom are also super people. All I have met off of this group have been a hoot to meet and talk with. I encourage all of you to take the time to make your own Tour de Wood regardless the miles or time, I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.

Great meet, heck Ken you gotta cross the border since you got that close, Michigan aint far from Toronto and you can stop along the way in London theres a guy called Art there I hear.:D

Tom i can see that TDW 2010 did you one heck of a good judging by the smile and the picture. :);)

Stu that backdrop could be called a lumber warehouse.:rofl: There is hardly room in there to stand and pose for pictures.

These pictures are simply priceless in my books. :thumb::thumb:Great visit Ken.:thumb: Thanks for showing those Yoopers how to sharpen a plane the Ambassador sure has enough of them. :thumb: You dont want to go stopping at Jims place though, you might never get away if you start sharpening his collection.

I thought i could smell brisket on the air being cooked over there and as to the beer i guess that was really this brand Eh! http://leinie.com/home.htm

Had to decipher the Ambassadors code it took a while but good ole google did not let me down. mmmm looks like an interesting barley pop. Sure beats that stuff called Bud. Now you guys in USA have two good looking beers, only tasted one and thats Sams hey Chuck only decent beer in 50 States.:rofl: