Thread: cutoffs, strips,

cutoffs, strips,

I have alot of short pieces of hardwoods. 3-5, 8, 10 12 inches, anywhere from 1-6-8 inches wide, ash, mahogany, sapele, spanish cedar, white oak, red oak, different maples, birch, and a few others.
    I am accumulating alot of this. I dont need it.
    Im not going to make cutting boards or practice pen blanks or other little spinny things.Im also not going to start shipping pieces anywhere.
    Anyone that is in the south west Nassau area of Long Island, who wants as much as they want for free of this kind of stuff, please pm me and you can take as much as you want. Im sure there are many, many cutting boards in there, pen blanks, 1000s, I have small blocks, like 2x3, 2x2, 2x3, for other little spinny objects. I know its not a grand offer like larry does, 1x6s, but if you dont want to waste money out here, and here wood is very expensive, you can have all the scraps you want for free, pick and choose through it.
    Im not looking to sell any wood, but will give any strips I have, like 1.5 inch by 6 feet, and any small pieces up to 12 inches long.
    Just thought Id mention it. Anyone from Sawmill is welcome to it also, even if they only want to practice making pens, take as much as you want. All hardwood.

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    I have alot of short pieces of hardwoods. 3-5, 8, 10 12 inches, anywhere from 1-6-8 inches wide, ash, mahogany, sapele, spanish cedar, white oak, red oak, different maples, birch, and a few others.
    I am accumulating alot of this. I dont need it.
    Im not going to make cutting boards or practice pen blanks or other little spinny things.Im also not going to start shipping pieces anywhere.
    Anyone that is in the south west Nassau area of Long Island, who wants as much as they want for free of this kind of stuff, please pm me and you can take as much as you want. Im sure there are many, many cutting boards in there, pen blanks, 1000s, I have small blocks, like 2x3, 2x2, 2x3, for other little spinny objects. I know its not a grand offer like larry does, 1x6s, but if you dont want to waste money out here, and here wood is very expensive, you can have all the scraps you want for free, pick and choose through it.
    Im not looking to sell any wood, but will give any strips I have, like 1.5 inch by 6 feet, and any small pieces up to 12 inches long.
    Just thought Id mention it. Anyone from Sawmill is welcome to it also, even if they only want to practice making pens, take as much as you want. All hardwood.
    man allen why can't i live closer? i'd come over and take all your thicker pieces. good offer to anyone living up that way.

just some pics of what Im talking about.....

the other place I offered it at, and I know this isnt gold or anything, my thread dissapeared.
    but if anyone from other sites read this site, the offer stands. as much as you want, take all the pieces, I want nothing.
    just the space back.(wagon,white bin, strips on cart,)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bed 317 (Medium).jpg   bed 318 (Medium).jpg   bed 319 (Medium).jpg   bed 320 (Medium).jpg  

What a thoughtful and generous offer Allen. Those pieces would be a great start for a new woodworker. Hope you find someone who can use it.
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND

My sympathies Allen. I have a similar collection that I just can't bring myself to part with....yet.