Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zero motivation to work in heat today

zero motivation to work in heat today

anyone else having a tough time motivating themselves to work in this heat and humidity?
    this is about a first for me. I feel ok, my toe still hurts from stubbing it yesterday on the drywall cart, but I have yet to open the garage door and process all that white oak I need for my table.
    Its 1:40 pm, I usually begin out there around 9am, and IM about to lay down, maybe watch Oprah.
    Tough day.

Same thing happened to me last night...I went out to do some turning and before I got 1 bottle stopper turned, my shirt was soaking wet...too hot...I went in, took a shower and watched America's Got Talent. At least my daughter enjoyed the show.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

I was like that after lunch yesterday. Just couldn't get motivated again!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Well I can't let that happen to me. I just been told all of the pieces will be needed for the commision by the last week in July. It going to be in the 100's this week with a high of 110 by sunday... but it's a dry heat...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Butte Montana which is 1/2 way between Purgatory and Heaven

zero motivation to work in heat today

You guys make me sick with all your whining.

I'm having a heat spell as well but you don't see me complaining. Today we got as high as 49 degrees. Last night we were in the mid 30's, had trouble sleeping cause the wife took off one of the blankets. I was freezing. But didn't complain.

Buck up, grit your teeth, be tough.

jiggs Elphison

It happens to me especially when it gets hot & humid. unfortunately I can't stop I'm a mailman.

Allen:

I hear you. Walked 1/3 of a mile at a leisurely pace after lunch today and got all "shimmery". Not a full sweat but hot. Then sit at a desk for 4 more hours . . . Yuck!

My garage is under the house so it's cooler on hot days. I just need to keep the roll-up doors closed.

Hopefully the weather will break soon - 80 degrees on June 2nd is a little much.

Jim

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Wish i could get out of this heat. work out in it all year long. summers are way to hot and winters can be way to cold. Should of been the artest i thought i wanted to be when i was young, not a old worn out carpenter i've been for the last 30 years.

Yeah its getting hot here too. So I close the garage door and went to the window and...................turned on the A/C. Love working in the shop
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Caughron View Post
    Yeah its getting hot here too. So I close the garage door and went to the window and...................turned on the A/C. Love working in the shop

I got remote for mine so I don't have to walk over...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward