zero motivation to work in heat today

allen levine

anyone else having a tough time motivating themselves to work in this heat and humidity?
this is about a first for me. I feel ok, my toe still hurts from stubbing it yesterday on the drywall cart, but I have yet to open the garage door and process all that white oak I need for my table.
Its 1:40 pm, I usually begin out there around 9am, and IM about to lay down, maybe watch Oprah.
Tough day.

Same thing happened to me last night...I went out to do some turning and before I got 1 bottle stopper turned, my shirt was soaking wet...too hot...I went in, took a shower and watched America's Got Talent. At least my daughter enjoyed the show. :eek:

You guys make me sick with all your whining.

I'm having a heat spell as well but you don't see me complaining. Today we got as high as 49 degrees. Last night we were in the mid 30's, had trouble sleeping cause the wife took off one of the blankets. I was freezing. But didn't complain.

Buck up, grit your teeth, be tough.

jiggs Elphison

Allen:

I hear you. Walked 1/3 of a mile at a leisurely pace after lunch today and got all "shimmery". Not a full sweat but hot. Then sit at a desk for 4 more hours . . . Yuck!

My garage is under the house so it's cooler on hot days. I just need to keep the roll-up doors closed.

Hopefully the weather will break soon - 80 degrees on June 2nd is a little much.

Jim

June Gloom is right on schedule here. Foggy mornings, with the haze burning off by afternoon. Highs in the low to mid 70s for the past few days, although we're supposedly gonna be approaching the 90s by the end of the weekend.

I could get a AC for the window in the garage, one that I can put in and out any day I need it.
I think Id have to invest in a very expensive dust collection system first though to work in a completely enclosed area.

Well I can't let that happen to me. I just been told all of the pieces will be needed for the commision by the last week in July. It going to be in the 100's this week with a high of 110 by sunday...:eek: but it's a dry heat...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don, Christina and I went to AZ some years ago to visit a friend. We went in early August, left the airport in Phoenix and right out into the standard 100+ degree:doh: weather of AZ.:eek::eek: I turned to Christina and said "When we get back to VA, the first person to tell me "but it's a dry heat"----I'm gonna punch 'em right in the mouth":D

That's about what it felt like going into the blast furnace you live in-a smack in the face. We were there for about ten days and I never did get used to it.

Allen take a look at the HD. They have small window based units with remote for pretty low price. I picked up mine for $100 dollars with 5 year warranty and remote. Not sure you will find one for that low a price because mine was a special deal but if you watch the sales they definitely under $200 and make it much more comfy.

Jay i learnt a trick from someone somewhere with these things, used some epoxy and glued one of those magnets to it and now they stay on the side of the drill press. :D

Allen take a look at the HD. They have small window based units with remote for pretty low price. I picked up mine for $100 dollars with 5 year warranty and remote. Not sure you will find one for that low a price because mine was a special deal but if you watch the sales they definitely under $200 and make it much more comfy.

Jay i learnt a trick from someone somewhere with these things, used some epoxy and glued one of those magnets to it and now they stay on the side of the drill press. :D

Now That's an Idea :thumb::thumb:

I have a window unit, sitting around, 5200 btus, but I wont work in the enclosed area without a powerful dust collections system.
I feel safer with the garage door open and the ts almost shooting all the dust outside.
Id need a powerful cyclone unit to keep the air clean enough for me to close all the doors and windows.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now if i had the time i would go searching for a certain post. I happen to remember warning you about this.:rofl::rofl: You said how much did that woodworking hobby cost.:D Yeah and the good thing is Allen when you have done with the cyclone you can then think about insulation of the garage and then dont forget heating.

You going full circle even if its kicking and screaming.:rofl::rofl:

Your last garage re org was not the last .....i look into the crystal ball and see a certain redoing of the garage for winter work soon. ;):thumb:

So you gonna make your own cyclone or buy one.

Jiggs, move over I'm moving to Montana :rofl::rofl:

My shop is in the basement so It's noticeably cooler in the summer but it does get pretty humid. I run a dehumidifier in the summer but it uses a lot of electricity.

High humidity drains all of my energy and motivation. It gets humid up here but I don't know how you southern folks deal with it :eek: