Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK Feds come git me

OK Feds come git me

I went and did it, I don't care what the Feds say or think, I did it anyway and I'm glad.
    What dastardly crime did I commit? I confess, I disabled that annoying automatic cut-off switch on my riding lawnmower. Having to shut down and restart every time I got off was real pain. I constantly have rocks and sticks to pick up and toss into the woods. Plus the switch kept popping out of the retainer making the mower shut down in the middle of work.
    I took it off, held the plunger down with vice grips, drilled a hole all the way through, stuck a piece of brazing rod in the hole, wrapped it all with Gorilla tape, then more Gorilla tape to secure it to the seat bracket. Now it runs when I want it to and doesn't shut off unless I make it. Color me
    G-Men ye can come git me now.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Thats like the stupid safety that came with my motor cycle. Ya had to grip the brake and put down the kickstand before you could start it. Now ya don't have to put down the kickstand any more..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought "Oh no...Frank's gone and built hisself a still."

I have a Velcro cable tie on the handle of my lawnmower to keep the safety lever held in place so I can let go of the grip and not have the mower shut off. I feel your frustration, Frank.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Frank, Frank, Frank. Next thing you'll tell us is you rip the labels off of mattresses.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

If they send you to the federal penn in Terre Haute, I'll drive over and visit.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post
    If they send you to the federal penn in Terre Haute, I'll drive over and visit.
    There's a whole new idea for Family visits.

Tour de Wood 2011: The Big House Tour

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought "Oh no...Frank's gone and built hisself a still."

I have a Velcro cable tie on the handle of my lawnmower to keep the safety lever held in place so I can let go of the grip and not have the mower shut off. I feel your frustration, Frank.
    SHhhhhh.....they don't know about thet.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    I went and did it, I don't care what the Feds say or think, I did it anyway and I'm glad.
    What dastardly crime did I commit? I confess, I disabled that annoying automatic cut-off switch on my riding lawnmower. Having to shut down and restart every time I got off was real pain. I constantly have rocks and sticks to pick up and toss into the woods. Plus the switch kept popping out of the retainer making the mower shut down in the middle of work.
    I took it off, held the plunger down with vice grips, drilled a hole all the way through, stuck a piece of brazing rod in the hole, wrapped it all with Gorilla tape, then more Gorilla tape to secure it to the seat bracket. Now it runs when I want it to and doesn't shut off unless I make it. Color me
    G-Men ye can come git me now.
    I don't mind the shut down when I get off, but mine has a switch that shuts it down if I have the PTO on and put it in reverse... nuisance to have to shut off the PTO every time I want or need to back up...

Besides, I think we need to take all the safety precautions off everything and let nature take it's course....
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    Besides, I think we need to take all the safety precautions off everything and let nature take it's course....
    Ah yes. Natural selection.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I'm a rebel too. As soon as I get my SawStop I'm gonna disconnect the blade stop. No one is gonna tell me what to do
    Faith, Hope & Charity