Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: had me a visitor

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA

had me a visitor

Larry and Randi stopped by last night to deliver some wood from MI. had a nice chat and will be going out for some vittles this am.Will also be taking a side trip up to show him that big house i've been building.
    Didn't no he was going to bring me a hole lots of turning blanks, and some flat pieces also.. I guess i'm babysitting these BIG slabs for a week or so. One goes to Carol and one goes to Vaughn. Not sure maybe i'll just keep Vaughns as it ain't gonna fit on his lathe anyway. I tell ya what vaughn and Carol ya better have some help moving these things as they are a lot bigger in person then the pics show. Well here's some pics for the pic police just to prove that it did happen. Larry said we were not allowed to bring the wifes in, but as that's a good pic of the two of them holding on to a piece i made for them i'll post it anyway.
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 011 [800x600].JPG   003 [800x600].JPG   001 [800x600].JPG  

Good to see you got a visit from the Ambassador. Man, those are a couple of nice chocolate crotch pieces he left with you. You should be able to get some awesome pieces out of those.

That big slab's gonna make me a whole passel of nice bottle stoppers, huh? Might even get a couple pens out of the scraps, too.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Good to see you got a visit from the Ambassador. Man, those are a couple of nice chocolate crotch pieces he left with you. You should be able to get some awesome pieces out of those.

That big slab's gonna make me a whole passel of nice bottle stoppers, huh? Might even get a couple pens out of the scraps, too.
    He also left me some nice maple pieces.here's a better pic of that chocolate piece with a tape put on for scale.
    Yea man that big slab will make ya more pen blanks and bottle stoppers to last a life time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 004 [640x480].JPG   005 [640x480].JPG   006 [640x480].JPG  

Pen blanks and bottle stoppers from those slabs don't you dare Good to see you made it down there safely And I know your next project Larry, you need to make a nice display case for all the goodies you have been getting lately, that is if you have enough wood left to build one and stephen nice "piece"

Well, the next handoff will happen in a few weeks as I return from JCCFS. Lookin" good! Stephen, you need to PM or email me your phone and address. Thanks.

Just got them sent off with a good meal and a tour of the house. they were everything everyone said about them super people. Here's a few more pics at the house i'm working at just before they left to go back home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 009 [640x480].JPG   006 [640x480].JPG   007 [800x600].JPG   008 [800x600].JPG  

man o man, that larry certainly gets around.
    nice that he had his better half with him this time.

You have no idea how close that stuff was to never leaving Indiana. Bust them big slabs up and have plenty of kindling for the wood stove.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    You have no idea how close that stuff was to never leaving Indiana. Bust them big slabs up and have plenty of kindling for the wood stove.
    Don't no if you ever saw the movie (next of kin) but i belive i would of had to do me a hunting trip.
    Steve

Yep, I seen it. Really not a bad movie.