Holy moly....the euro is TOAST!

Joseph Shaul

Just a heads up for anyone who has any need to buy anything from Europe: The Euro is, at the moment, toast. If you need to buy anything from Europe, the current $1.19 to one euro exchange rate means you'll be getting an unusually good price - compared to the usual exchange rate of about $1.50 to one euro, it's like getting a 20% off coupon for the entire continent of Europe.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go bid on some stereo equipment on eBay.co.uk. :)

Thanks, I need to order some scooter parts from Austria. :)

Austria makes scooter parts?

In any case, you're probably in for a heck of a deal. Odds are that the enthusiast forums for any Euro-centric luxury goods - high-end moped carburetors, for example - are being flooded with product which no one has money to buy. Combine this with the weak euro, and you can save big.

Some people would probably refer to me as a "vulture capitalist" for this sort of thing. That said, I have cooler toys than they do, and no debt, so I say they're just jealous. :p

I've been moving all of our investments out of the Euro for some time now, my friends thought I was nuts sticking to the US dollar, but that is what I've done and boy am I glad I did it. :)

We were in Ireland in Feb and it was truly sad to see how that country was in such dire straits...and that was when the Euro was strong. When I came back to the US I wanted to slap people that were whining how bad the economy is here...its not that bad comparatively.

I had a chance to talk to a lot of farmers over there and they are losing their quota/subsidy system which will not bode well for Ireland farmers I am afraid. It will be good for US farmers because we are far less subsidized and thus can begin to compete again...but a lot of small farms there will go under in the deal.

Sad no matter what part of the pond you are on I guess.

Hey Rob thanks...too many sheep and not enough time..........to do woodworking that is (just to clarify).

I got the itch to do some woodworking this rainy weekend, BUT everything is dull, not working or cannot be found. Guess its back to finding lamb chops and wool.