My weekend activities:Wedd'in, Mrs & Mr Ambassador visit!

Well, quite the weekend! Got final exams graded, grades posted, end of year activities at school finished one day early, took Friday off from school (last teacher day), took Lou Ann shopping and we got home and put away groceries and got ready for incoming guests. Family utilized the empty bedrooms and family room couches. This weekend we had a
Wedded hands.JPG
WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my mom and dad. They walked MY bride to the chairs! Then mom went over and helped my sister in law Elaine at the organ because Elaine couldn't see when to change songs. Then mom came back and sat with dad during the ceremony.
Mom, Lou, Dad.JPG

Here is the bride. My youngest daughter (of two daughters, both of which are getting married this year!) TESS (Stephanie Lou Ann Shively)I kept trying to get her to make a U turn just to shake him up a little, couldn't do it. Would have been great!!!! Glad she takes the looks from her mom!!!!
Tess, Jon.JPG

Here they are, Mr. and Mrs. Tess Rudd!!!! Eric and Tess, the new Mr and Mrs Eric Rudd! My brother, recently ordained, first wedding! Tess is his God daughter. Pretty special! Background, Culver, Indiana, Lake Maxincukee (sp?) at the Culver Cove.
Tess, Gene, Eric.JPG

Where I belong, on the arm of my bride of 27 years! Man where did the time go??????
Lou, Jon.JPG

About 10:30 PM, getting ready to leave reception. Lou Ann, Tess, Eric and myself.
Tess, Lou, Eric, Jon.JPG

Now trust me when I say this. I would have been bummed to find out Mrs and Mr Ambassador dropped by and I missed them. I was getting ready to change and we had to take Tess' truck with the gifts to their apartment as they were going to open gifts in front of family. A knock on the door, I get there and SHAAAAAZZZZZZAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! My dear friend Larry in the flesh with his bride. A perfect completion to a perfect weekend.
Randi, Larry, Jon.JPG
God has been good to me. We left the hall to the sounds of tornadoe sirens. Tornadoe coming from North Judson to Culver (we live outside of North Judson), it passes over Plymouth (where the kids apartment is) and we find out later Sunday, my niece Emma who used Lou's camera to take the above photos (except for Larry and Randi and me) her town was actually hit by the tornado, my nephew Zach's town was actually hit and homes destroyed (his was spared). They all stayed with relatives in Knox and Hamlet so all were safe and sound. Wow, what a weekend! I did do some wood working. A nephew stayed at my house and I showed him how to use the pen wizard to embelish a pen blank. He left with a very nice pen of Clairo Walnut with spirals cut in it. I also finished in time for the wedding the pen stand for the kid's guest book. BUT, I don't have a photo of it! Randi does though. So maybe she will post it so we can see the ho hum design I came up with for the kids. Thanks for looking at my weekend activities. Sept. 5th, get to do it again with the oldest daughter, Fina (rhymes with china) except she wants to get married here on the farm, so, got a bunch of cleaning and building and cleaning and cleaning, did I mention cleaning????????

Sounds like a wonderful day. Congratulations ! The Lord has bestowed blessing on you and your family.

Now How do I get one of them Long Beards :D That is one thing that has eluded me all my life. LOL

AWESOME weekend for you and yours Jonathan:thumb::thumb::thumb: Congrats to your daughter and new husband and in another 27 years they will be saying the same thing you did.......where did the time go:)

Congratulations Jonathan, did you cry? :rolleyes:
Looks like a great time. Eric is a lucky guy, Tess looked stunning.

So with two weddings this year will you becoming empty nesters or do you got more hiding in the corners? :p

I remember wayyyy back in '81 my parents went from full to empty nesters in the space of 3 months. My brother joined the military, my sister got married, and I went away to college. Quite the abrupt change for them...

Wow thats what you call a weekend.;):thumb:

Congratulations to all. :congrats:

Hey you clean up well :D looked pretty smart in that tux.
I liked the Bride and Groom colors too. Not often one sees a mix of red as a contrast and it showed off well. All the best to the new couple.

Glad to hear you all missed the weather. I only got to see about it on our morning news today. Now i know why my rain barrel filled overnight.:D

Sounds like you got your work cut out till the next wedding.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Sounds like a wonderful day. Congratulations ! The Lord has bestowed blessing on you and your family.

Now How do I get one of them Long Beards :D That is one thing that has eluded me all my life. LOL

Yes sir, I agree, God did bless us in many more ways than described above.

Hmmmmmmm, the beard, my dad grew a beard for a centennial celebration our town had in '64 and never shaved it off. It was one of those celebrations that if the man didn't have a beard he got "thrown in jail" and the bond was collected and given to the town (a fundraiser of sorts). Anyway, I grew up with my dad having a beard when many/most didn't. Guess my brother and I both are either to lazy to shave or liked the look! Dad in the above picture you notice now does not have a beard. Maybe ten years ago now, dad is a colon cancer survivor but when going through chemo, radiation, the electronic device they had on him feeding through a shunt, he lost his beard, not a hair on his head ever fell out, but his beard and moustache disappeared and have never grown back. Oh well, like having him even without a beard! I shaved mine off a couple of years back and caught holy heck from Lou Ann, so in another couple of years it should be as long as Larry's, just takes me a while!

AWESOME weekend for you and yours Jonathan:thumb::thumb::thumb: Congrats to your daughter and new husband and in another 27 years they will be saying the same thing you did.......where did the time go:)

Thank you Mrs. and Mr. Tom! I do not doubt one bit in 27 years they will be wondering the same thing. It was a beautiful ceremony in a beautiful setting, couldn't ask for a nicer group of people to share the time with, I am amazed all bills are paid and we have a couple of nickles to rub together to get a new crop of money started for Fina's wedding.

Congratulations Jonathan, did you cry? :rolleyes:
Looks like a great time. Eric is a lucky guy, Tess looked stunning.

So with two weddings this year will you becoming empty nesters or do you got more hiding in the corners? :p

I remember wayyyy back in '81 my parents went from full to empty nesters in the space of 3 months. My brother joined the military, my sister got married, and I went away to college. Quite the abrupt change for them...

Art, did you notice the sunglasses??????? NO ONE KNOWS IF I TEARED UP!!!!!! I actually was concerned about that and have thought from time to time about it. I do have a reputation to keep you know! The photographer is a classmate of the girls, she told me before the ceremony on some shots, "lose the glasses", I said, "nope", she says, "lose the glasses", I said, "not happening", she says,"lose the glasses", I said, "I owe you $200.00 until the pictures are delivered and approved", she said, "glasses look good!!!!".

Well to tell the truth, the kids got their apartment about a month ago and they have cohabitated except for the wedding night. Fina and CJ moved out about two weeks before that, Fina is working about one and a half hours South of our farm, her fiancee lives about an hour South of us. So, they have to talk with God about that and make their peace. Lou Ann and I have had discussions with God about our living together, dang gone, of all the stories to listen to and emulate, oh well. Both boys/young men are hard workers, devoted to my daughters and grandson, caring towards Lou and I, what more can a FIL ask for???? Yes, was a change, Lou and I are adjusting well, takes longer to do chores, nothing gets done when the kids show up on the weekends, I figure the grass will grow and stuff will need fixed long after I am gone, so am going to enjoy them while I can.

:thumb::thumb:

Now thats what I call a busy weekend! Great pics! Thanks for sharing

Your welcome Brent. Look for an edit on the original post later today/tonight. I have a couple of pictures of the mugs Chuck Thoits made for the kids and the bridal party that I want to post. Hopefully Randi posts a picture of the pen stand as I do not have one on this camera!! Your welcome for sharing, ya'all are family and it was a family event for sure.

Jonathan, what a lovely family you have :thumb:

Tess is stunning, Eric is one lucky guy!:)

Thank you very much for the compliment Stuart. I am a little partial to them but would have to fully agree with you!! Tess, what can I say other than what an old farmer neighbor said to her about 4 years ago. She had won Fashion Review at the fair two or three years straight, which opens the opportunity to try out for the state fair fashion show (not a shoe in). The third year I think it was she finally won a spot to model at the state fair and placed in the top 15. Anyway, he had heard she had won a spot, stops by on a Monday morning to congratulate her and she steps out of the barn in the hog lot because we were moving sows out of farrowing crates and she had mud up to her waist, sweaty and pushing a group of sows to a back pasture. He said, "there is what a farm girl is all about, wins a modeling contest on Sunday, in the mud moving hogs on Monday!". That's my girls in a nutshell!
Yes, I am proud that she is as polite and nice as she is pretty. Eric is no slouch himself, he nevers meets a stranger and is a genuine guy!

Wow thats what you call a weekend.;):thumb:

Congratulations to all. :congrats:

Hey you clean up well :D looked pretty smart in that tux.
I liked the Bride and Groom colors too. Not often one sees a mix of red as a contrast and it showed off well. All the best to the new couple.

Glad to hear you all missed the weather. I only got to see about it on our morning news today. Now i know why my rain barrel filled overnight.:D

Sounds like you got your work cut out till the next wedding.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thank you Rob, will send your sentiments on to the kids!!!
As to the clean up part, you didn't even ask how long I had to soak to get that clean!!!!!! Tess and Fina have been in clothing for the 10 years they were in 4H. They sewed with my mom every spring. They have an eye. Tess has the flair (and the body). We used a florist that is an aunt to one of Tess' classmates, thought the flowers could not be matched more perfectly. The Cove actually hired and had two photographers taking pictures from a pier for advertising. The kids signed some type of okay for them to be used in brochures! 27 years ago was the last time I was in a tux! Fina says I get to wear clean jeans to hers!!!
Yep, farm gets a makeover this summer.
Your welcome for the small smattering of pics I showed.

Woo-hoo, Jon! Congrats on what looks and sounds like a great weekend for all involved. Thanks for posting the pics. :thumb:

Jonathan , that is awesome that your Mother and Father especially your Dad with the story you told was able to be there. You are blessed. My Mom and Dad are still around and saw my oldest son get married last year. That is a blessing as you found out.