a fww picnic day?

allen levine

there are so many people here that travel to meet other family members.
Maybe a spot within half a days driving distance for furthest members, and closer, can be picked out, somewhere like a state park with picnic facilities, with nearby inexpensive lodging, and this board or individuals here can plan a FWW annual bbq and picnic. If its planned early enough, might be able to get quite a crowd.
Ofcourse, Im talking noone further west than lets say larry.
There are a ton of members here on the east coast and near by.

I'd be there if I wasn't over on the other side of the continent.

Be sure to bring cameras and lots of film. :rofl:

no offense bob, but I think your location is just way out of the way for alot of people.
I was thinking more south like south central PA, so all the guys from the south east and might be interested.
Its just something to toss around. Get an idea whod be interested, and where each person is from, and then maybe figure it out.

I think early sept after school starts is a good time, roads are alot less crowded, early sept picnic areas are still available.Id be more than happy to host it, but I dont see many driving to Long Island, especially larry, hes not fond of the big apple.
I will be there, I just cant take off from work the last week of august up thru labor day, then Im free.
IM not a very good event coordinator, but would offer as much assistance if someone wants to actually take the reigns.(Im not flaking out, but Im not the type of person who sits and makes plans on cell phones and such.)
If its not far from the northeast, I can bring along supplies and things, or will go early and make sure we have whatever is needed.

i do feel that pennsylvania is a good place and can get alot folks there,, been to a couple over that way myself in the past. another idea is ohio or indiana that way we could straing the iowa guys over and maybe darren wouldnt try to run away every time i get close:)

Last edited: