Building the Ambo (lecturn, podium) - Final Picture

Don Baer

Staff member
Well since they've finaly set a date for completion of the church I need to get busy finishing up the rest of the furniture for the commision. I have completed the chairs and table next I'll build the Ambo or as most know it the podium. I'll build it to look like this. amo final design.jpgIt will have the dove that Toni carved for me on the front after I bleach it. IMG_1569.JPG I am having trouble getting ahold of the sodium hydroxide to use for the bleaching, seems that it is an ingrediant used in meth labs and is now a controled chemical. :eek: I picked up 20 bd ft of hard maple today, I still need to go back and pick up another ten when they get there shipment in later this week, they were all out of 8/4, said someone took it all this morning before I got there. IMG_1568.JPG This will get me started. Here is a drawing of all the components that will go into the finished product. Ambo Cut list.jpg

Last edited:
Taking a break to cool off the shop temperature is 100. IMG_1571.JPGI got most of the wood cut to ruff size and planed I Edge join next and start the glue ups. IMG_1570.JPGThe pile on the right is both side panels the center pile is the desk and the left pile is one of the two shelves.

Last edited:
Just to give you an idea as to soome of the figure in this wood.
attachment.php

Man I love maple

Attachments

• IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1572.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 132
I haven't posted any progress on this since all I've been doing is milling and doing glue ups so not realy much to show except a bunch of boards with clamps on em but I should start assembling tomarrow. Still don't have the 8/4 but they say it will be in tomarrow...:rolleyes: that what they said last week.

I haven't posted any progress on this since all I've been doing is milling and doing glue ups so not realy much to show except a bunch of boards with clamps on em but I should start assembling tomarrow. Still don't have the 8/4 but they say it will be in tomarrow...:rolleyes: that what they said last week.

neeeevvverrrr happened..... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: