Fridays here again

This evening taking the grandsons to stock car races. Tomorrow going to Branson, MO and seeing the Imax movie "Australia", then return all the grands to their parents.
Sunday a.m., church. Rest of day probably crash and recover.

Plans

This evening I am planning to put my new canoe in the water for the first time. Work in the shop a little after that hopefully.

Saturday will be a shop day to finish getting ready for the AAW Symposium in Hartford, CT next week. Supposed to rain all day so inside is good.

Sunday more shop work getting ready for next week. Gathering in the afternoon to welcome the Onrust back to Schenectady for the summer.

Have a great weekend !

Put the LAST coat of varnish on the table tops last night. They need to cure for three days before I rub them out and apply wax.

Going to pick up $300 worth of vertical grain doug fir to trim out the new windows I had installed in the living room a couple of weeks ago. Going with and arts & crafts theme. This is the precursor to doing the fireplace which will also be in VG DF.

Not much at all going on for me this weekend...supposed to rain so hopefully I'll get some shop time in...I've got some ideas for some big pieces of oak I picked up this week....

hey give him a break don:) he is still after it and thats better than jonathon he got lost somewhere out back:) and i saw the cabs this week, he really is gettin closer time for me to take avacation or i am gonna get swambozzeld into helping him hang them:):rofl:

hey give him a break don:) he is still after it and thats better than jonathon he got lost somewhere out back:) and i saw the cabs this week, he really is gettin closer time for me to take avacation or i am gonna get swambozzeld into helping him hang them:):rofl:

I'm just afraid he will finish them, then I won't have anything to harrass him about...;):)

Tonight auction, "lots of hand tools and lumber", all that listed. Tomorrow another auction, more old hand tools and then church's annual chicken supper. Brings in good bucks for the lady's aid. Sunday church and race. Try to get some more coats on the TV stand.

Fridays just aren't the same without a visit from Larry.

Last edited:
Working on another set of gun grips (out of bocote). Finishing the coats on some lacewood grips I made a couple of weeks ago. Got a new ammo press and going to see about picking up the tumbler/polisher, scale, and some supplies to give it a whirl. Maybe head to the range to try out some test ammo. Sunday dinner with the kids if I don't blow myself up first. :)

Hoping to get some shop time to make a few smaller things to have in stock (potpourri and paper clip bowls, primarily) for a show I'm doing in a couple of weekends. Also have a few things I missed when I was cleaning up the acid rust earlier this week, so I'll be getting them handled, too.