Walking Cane Stand

Hello,
I'm new to Family Woodworking and woodworking in general, but I'm having a blast so far!

Any way this is my first real project. From concept through design, build, and finish. I will say the design went through several modifications during the build, because it "Just didn't look right". I'm pretty happy with the final result though.

This is made from a $10.00 piece of "white wood" from a big box store. I was going to make another one out of oak if this turned out all right, but my wife liked this one and said it was just what she wanted. So we'll see how well it holds up.

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 46
Hey, That's a pretty neat little project there! :thumb:

Excellent way to introduce yourself Cameron!

It's a sure bet you'll keep the picture police at bay!

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome aboard Cameron:wave:Nice project, I think I will have to steal your Idea, I have canes all over the house and that would be a cool way to organize them, well done:thumb:

The cane stand looks great, Cameron. The angled shape of the upright piece in the back adds a nice touch. :thumb: Excellent job, especially for a first project.

And welcome to the forum. :wave: We can always use a few more Okies to counterbalance all the Arkies we already have here. :D

Thats a nice project and I have some family that could use something like that. Never even seen the idea anywhere. Nice design and workmanship. Nothing wrong with white wood. Beats the heck out of MDF or plastic....

Welcome

Welcome to the family Cameron. Hope you enjoy your stay.:):thumb: I think thats a great stand. I have always thought of cane stands as a square type of container used as a box but now i see your design i think its excellent. You dont have to lift the cane out of the box. Way to go.:thumb:

Thank you to everyone for you comments, encouragement, and making me feel welcome. I think this will be a great place to hang out.

Larry, for the next project I was thinking of adding a small shelf to the upright that could hold some golf balls, enclose the, front leaving only a golf cup size hole and ball return to one side. Then it could be used for putting practice while displaying you favorite putters.