Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lowes 25 dollars off 250 purchase

lowes 25 dollars off 250 purchase

I have a card that expires 6-30-10, just got it yesterday. if anyone wants to save 10 percent on a 250 purchase, Id send it to them tomorrow or monday so they have time to use it.

Nice of you. I'll pass. But, a reminder, veterans get 10% off at Lowe's anytime just asking for it.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Nice of you. I'll pass. But, a reminder, veterans get 10% off at Lowe's anytime just asking for it.
    This has been an issue from time to time. I actually sent away and got some official dd214's just for this. I then had Lowe's claim you need a valid military ID or card from the VA and a DD214 wasn't acceptable. They even showed me a letter from the shirts that said so. Ended up giving me the discount. This past week I bought some plumbing supplies at the same store asked for the Vet discount and it was no problem.

Many of us vets that were lucky enough to come out unwounded and a little to young to get tn the prescription drug program don't have a VA card.

So it seems to vary....

But I always ask and even argue a little for it. They are the one that made the claim they are doing it and when they do I certainly appreciate it....
    Last edited by Garry Foster; 06-12-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Foster View Post
    This has been an issue from time to time. I actually sent away and got some official dd214's just for this. I then had Lowe's claim you need a valid military ID or card from the VA and a DD214 wasn't acceptable. They even showed me a letter from the shirts that said so. Ended up giving me the discount. This past week I bought some plumbing supplies at the same store asked for the Vet discount and it was no problem.

Many of us vets that were lucky enough to come out unwounded and a little to young to get tn the prescription drug program don't have a VA card.

So it seems to vary....

But I always ask and even argue a little for it. They are the oon that made the claim they are doing it and when they do I certainly appreciate it....
    Just take your DD214 to any VA hospital along with regular ID, like a drivers license, stop at the information desk and ask for a card.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Wow, I didn't know it was that easy! Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Foster View Post
    Wow, I didn't know it was that easy! Thanks..
    The hard part is looking at the awful digi pic they take of you.

I never have that trouble at any of the box stores. I just tell them I am a vet.

Did have one girl give me a funny look. Told her I was shot in the rear like Forrest Gump and ask if she wanted to see the scar It worked.

Since I'm a sort of pack rat, I probably still have my red id card from the Navy... would that work.. I've never asked about the discount... always seem to forget when I'm in Lowe's
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    Since I'm a sort of pack rat, I probably still have my red id card from the Navy... would that work.. I've never asked about the discount... always seem to forget when I'm in Lowe's
    I still got my green one from the Navy..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    I still got my green one from the Navy..
    I think they took my green one when I was separated... but sent a red reserve one for the years I was in inactive reserves...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.