More of my lathe work, but different

Lee Chadwick

I posted pictures of the duck calls I make, here are some of the turkey calls I make as well.

Attachments

• amboyna crys sl (600 x 450).jpg
    amboyna crys sl (600 x 450).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 45
  • eleven done.jpg
    eleven done.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 41
  • euc slate (600 x 455).jpg
    euc slate (600 x 455).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 41
  • tigerwood 2 sog (600 x 600).jpg
    tigerwood 2 sog (600 x 600).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 42
nice looking calls. are the holes around the outer edge for sound transmission or another purpose?:):thumb:

That is exactly what they are for.

Very fine looking calls. And, I'm sure, great sounding.
Would you mind sharing where you get your slate?

PennSlate. BUt I am going to start ordering from Chad Hutcheson. I can get you his info if you want it

Those look great, Lee. I'll bet they sell well. :thumb:

I sure hope so Vaughn. There were over 40 birds taken using my calls of this style this year. Still waiting on trophy pictures from most of those to put on my website

Lee said: "PennSlate. BUt I am going to start ordering from Chad Hutcheson. I can get you his info if you want it"

And, I say: Thank you, much appreciated. All I have been able to locate is much too thick.

Lee,
Those are really good looking calls... I've made a few and have been told they sound good, but mine are open slate on one side and the sound holes on the other... do you scratch the slate through the center hole and is the backs solid or are they drilled as well.... would like to see both sides of one. I buy my slates from Pennslate as well, I have a supply for now, but thinking that Chuck migh be good source...

Lee,
Those are really good looking calls... I've made a few and have been told they sound good, but mine are open slate on one side and the sound holes on the other... do you scratch the slate through the center hole and is the backs solid or are they drilled as well.... would like to see both sides of one. I buy my slates from Pennslate as well, I have a supply for now, but thinking that Chuck migh be good source...

I will try yo take front and back pictures of one of my two sided calls. Basically, the one side you dont see is similiar to what you are making, a 3.5" calling surface ( crystal, glass or slate) and then the soundboard is also a secondary calling surface, played through the center hole