Thread: Today is Flag day

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Thumbs up Today is Flag day

Here in the states so show your colors.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 06-14-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: To make Paul happy..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Reno NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gallian View Post
    Lets chip in a buy Don a spelling checker!
    I'll cut him some slack. I'll bet he's having a Barley Pop and BBQ'ing, just like me...

I fly my flag out front every day as a reminder to thank this country and it's veterans for all the opportunities and advantages they have provided us all.

Just a reminder of what a great place this country is.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

In the old days of war, it was an honor to hold the flag, running forward despite musket balls and cannon shells, and if the guy holding the flag took a round, someone would grab it and go forward again...just the way it was.

Pride. Valor and Bravery...

A few in my family stood under the flag in Baltimore when Francis Scott Key penned the star spangled banner and I won't lie, it gives me a goosebumps when they play it at hockey games and whatnot. If you don't get that...time for a reality check...or at least a reality check of what freedom really is.

As for the "artist" that put the flag in the toilet and called it freedom of expression, I'd like to talk to you and explain a few things...some might actually call that assault, while veterans would call it justified...either way you would see the reverse of respect.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Amherst, New Hampshire
    My flag(s) fly every day.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

GTA Ontario Canada
    Well why dont you guys put up the flag.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	American flag_waving.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	46275