Hello from British Columbia

Hi there:

I'm new here and new to woodworking. Brand new, in fact, and probably full of dumb questions. I heard this was a nice place to hang out, so I hope to learn and in time contribute as well. Getting ready to move and want to learn woodworking to make a bunch of built-ins. Starting small with some bookcases. I'm working with power tools, but I'm a neanderthal at heart and will probably migrate to mostly hand tools as experience and my tool collection permits. :thumb: I'm reading feverishly everything I can find on woodworking. My husband asked if I was going to be cutting down trees myself too. :rofl:
cynthia

Welcome aboard Cynthia!

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Sounds like some interesting projects coming up. I'm sure the folks on here will be happy to help with whatever advice they can! :thumb:

Greetings. Nice to see you. We have some serious Neanders here and they will try to draw you in. However, they are not nearly as nefarious as the turners. The pull created by the vortex is powerful so beware ;-) I'll stick to chopping down my own trees for awhile.

Welcome to the Family Cynthia you will get a great deal of help from the guys here if you ask. Hope you enjoy your time here. We have a few guys that make their own lumber here. Dont be shy many of us are novices and the pros here are very understanding and helpful.
Nice to have another Canadian aboard.:thumb:

Welcome Cynthia ,,now where did you hear that this was a friendly place? someone been givun you some false advice, and we are absolutely against quilters, and dog lovers.. well maybe we tell some white lies:):rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb:

Welcome Cynthia, nice to have you here. And don't listen to a word Larry types unless it's about woodworking.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

wow, what a warm welcome. I'm sure glad I found this place. I can tell by the avatars that I'm going to have some laughs here. Brent, love that photo of you....or is that your dog? Cute baby, Larry. Don, are you a boat builder or just a sea lover? Glenn, thanks for telling me about this place. Drew, glad to see you're here too! I know Drew! We're going to be neighbors! I was just outside touching up some exterior paint (getting ready to put the house on the market), so I'm going to go scrape the paint off my arms, and I'll be back to start asking questions. Everyone, sharpen your pencils!
Thank you so much, I really feel at home. I'm very grateful.

I'm not sure yet how to upload photos, but I'm going to try.....;)
My family says hi and thank you.
tboandparis1-01-10b.jpg

Last edited:
wow, what a warm welcome. I'm sure glad I found this place. I can tell by the avatars that I'm going to have some laughs here. Brent, love that photo of you....or is that your dog? Cute baby, Larry. Don, are you a boat builder or just a sea lover? Glenn, thanks for telling me about this place. Drew, glad to see you're here too! I know Drew! We're going to be neighbors! I was just outside touching up some exterior paint (getting ready to put the house on the market), so I'm going to go scrape the paint off my arms, and I'll be back to start asking questions. Everyone, sharpen your pencils!
Thank you so much, I really feel at home. I'm very grateful.

I'm not sure yet how to upload photos, but I'm going to try.....;)
My family says hi and thank you.
View attachment 46278

now where did you find me and my brothers baby pictures ????:rofl:

Welcome aboard, Cynthia. :wave: A quick scan of your blog shows that you've got a good sense of humor, a fun outlook on things, and a knack for writing about them. You should fit in nicely here. :thumb:

Lemme know if you ever need to borrow my Hillbilly/Redneck/Yoooper-to-English dictionary. :p