Porter Cable 7116 Dovetaill Jig

Ed Nelson

I have an opportunity to pick up a PC7116 for about $100. Was wondering what you guys think of the jig and how easy it is to get the additional templates? Looking at the price of these jigs new, I think I should get it.

Ed, $100 is a very good price for the 7116. I have the 16” version, 5116. The jig is built like a tank. Once setup, you can cut dovetails ‘till the cows come home. Amazon has a good selection of templates for it. Make sure you get the video that comes with it to help explain the setup.

ed, i had to look......an omnijig:rolleyes: ........jump on it! probably the toughest dovetail jig on the market........and portercable is threatening to "improve" it this year.......i used to own one before i decided to do all handcuts and if i ever go back to machine cuts this is the only non-automated jig i`d consider......tod

Tod, I was planning on focusing of the hand cut dt's, but have by no means mastered them. I think I will use this when I need to knock something out in a hurry. If I decide at some point that I don't need it, I think I can still come out ahead!

Bruce, thanks for the info. I'll definitely give them a call!

I have an opportunity to pick up a PC7116 for about $100. Was wondering what you guys think of the jig and how easy it is to get the additional templates? Looking at the price of these jigs new, I think I should get it.

Does this come with both the half blind template and the adjustable through dovetail template? If so that is a good buy.

Here is the 7216 for $339 new when it is in stock. Mark also has a discount code of "7216" on it that was making it about $220 when it worked. Product needs to be in stock for the coupon to work.

Good luck.

I own the 7216and the templates for it. It is a monster of a DT machine - about 60lbs. Holbren has good deals on teh whiteside bits that you need for the various templates and he gives woodnet members a discount I believe.

Hey Mike.

It does not have the adjustable through template. The guy I am getting it from has said it has been collecting dust and he just wants to get rid of it. It is in my garage/shop. Now I just need to find a place to keep it. Guess I'll have to build a new cabinet.:p I wasn't really looking for something like this, but it seems like too good a deal to pass up and if I don't like it, I'll put it up for sale!