Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lakers Go Back-To-Back

Lakers Go Back-To-Back

I don't really follow sports much, but I just watched the last 4 minutes or so of the NBA Championship to see my home town guys win their second NBA Championship in a row. Woot!

Sorry, Boston fans.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Whoosawhats did whachoosay?
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Now I've spent the last hour watching news reports showing some weapons grade stupid "fans". Not quite a riot compared to other years, but still a small bunch of idiots making things bad for the majority.

And I should note...I think tonight is the first time I've watched any TV since the Winter Olympics.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I wanted the Lakers to win only because Derek Fisher is an Arkansas boy. He has had a great NBA career and has remained a good person. He has made Arkansas proud.
    BTW, it was a great, hard fought, championship game.
    Last edited by Frank Fusco; 06-18-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: misspeel
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Watch Kobe the sex offender on TV, no thanks, not to mention the whole "Los Suns" thing

Round ball was never my favorite sport on TV, and as a whole, they have done nothing to change my mind
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I will never understand why sports fans the world over and in a variety of sports need to cause a ruckuss when their teams is succesful or fails to win. I been waiting to see the soccer fans at the world cup get out of hand with the upsets that have taken place. Why should people often end up loosing their life just because they went to support a team playing a game.
    cheers

I don't get the fans going crazy in the streets either. I lived in Chicago for the Bulls last 3 championships and mad the mistake of going out to watch the last game one of those years...It was not fun getting home...I heard gunshots (not that uncommon) saw 3 cars overturned, probably 10 dumpsters on fire and just lots of people that looked like they were just about to go neadnerthal....and I'm not talking about cordless tools.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    I will never understand why sports fans the world over and in a variety of sports need to cause a ruckuss when their teams is succesful or fails to win. I been waiting to see the soccer fans at the world cup get out of hand with the upsets that have taken place. Why should people often end up loosing their life just because they went to support a team playing a game.
    Usually it's TOO many Drinking TOO much! and the the rest follow the herd
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    My laymans guess is the sports fill a spot in otherwise boring (unfulfilled) lives.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Watch Kobe the sex offender on TV...
    Was Kobe convicted of something?