Fridays here

Leaving in a few minutes for Little Rock to attend a woman's political convention. My wife is president of the local group and some kind of regional chairman. I'm tagging along because that's what husbands do. :rolleyes:
We will see our daughter there. She is actually working since she is a field director in Arkansas for the national party.
On way back Sat. stopping for dinner at one of the best restaurants in the area. Then home.
Sunday I get installed as a new member at my new church, a start up Lutheran congregation.

• Re-Plane the boards for the maple dining room table
  • Pour concrete counter top
  • Set additional flagstone for fireplace hearth
  • Set flagstone for patio table
  • Move Boats around to get them cleaned up and ready to use.

Hooray for Friday!!!

Honestly, we don't have much planned. I think for Father's Day we'll be having a cook out and relaxing. I got my dad the first three seasons of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and my hubby -- well, I'm just getting him a gift card. Ha ha. Honestly, that's what he likes. Probably going to be for Lowes or Home Depot. ;)

Gonna try to knock out several smaller things on the lathe this weekend in preparation for a show next weekend. Probably be helping SWMBO with other stuff around the house, too.

I don't anticipate anything special for Father's Day. None of the three fuzzy children ever got that whole opposable thumb thing figured out, so I'm not expecting any cards. I will be giving my dad a call to catch up on the latest, though.

I need to make some pen trays for the fathers day pens being presented to my Dad and my FIL this weekend. I made enough trays but one of them disappeared. :dunno: LOML just gave it back - it has a grain line she doesn't like and wants a different one. :rofl: It's good enough for her Dad is what she's implying . . .

I'll crank out a bunch tonight/tomorrow and just stockpile them for the future. I like giving pens as gifts . . .

My "chop busting" daughter recently asked me - What are you gonna give as gifts once you've given everyone a pen? I said I'll move on to wine bottle stoppers . . . :rofl:

Cheers

Jim

Going to stay close to the AC this weekend--I don't handle heat well. That means no yard work. Maybe I can finish the office reorganization started last Friday night. Clean and reorganize the shop. Try to find room in there to move around easily. It has somehow accumulated some "stuff" that isn't mine. Hopefully that "stuff" will find a new home.