Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie from Indianapolis

Newbie from Indianapolis

Hi everyone! My name is Ashley (as seen by my handle, of course) and I'm a complete newbie to the forums. In fact, I'm a complete newbie to woodworking! My husband of 6 years has been a huge woodworking buff and he figured I should get involved with his shenanigans. . . . and the kids too.

Anyway, he suggested that I find a forum or join a workshop to help me get started. For me, the easiest thing was to find a forum -- and low and behold, this is probably the most (eerily) perfect forum I could find. Our goal for the end of this summer is to make our own patio furniture. Will it work out? Who knows? We're certainly gonna try. In the meantime, I'll browse the forums, ask questions and hopefully make some neat friends.

Seeya around, everyone!
    Can I make my own patio furniture? You bet your sweet bippy, I can.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Hi Ashley and welcome. We go quite a few hoosiers here in the Family. I do need to wornya though that the bearded guy from Michigan has been known to travel to you state also so beware.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Kansas City, Missouri
    Welcome to the family Ashley!

There are a couple of folks on here that have built their own patio furniture, I'm sure they'll introduce themselves soon enough.

P.S. We like lots of project pics, no pics...didn't happen.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Well as soon as we get started, I'll be sure to post some pics! Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Delton, Michigan
    welcome ashley, ask away and we dont discourage any questions, we all asked the same ones when we started out,, but maybe you should get your hubby in here too, then we can learn from him
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Plainwell, Michigan
    Welcome Ashley.......and your husband too

Reno NV
    Welcome aboard!

Patio furniture sounds like a super first project! Keep us posted!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Indianapolis area
    Welcome Ashley and family to the Family! Lots of nice people here. You will enjoy your time here.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Welcome Ashley !!

I have a feeling a member from Long Island will be showing off his great Adirondack chairs to you.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Welcome Ashley. hope ya have as good as stay as i have. Great bunch of folks here and they love to help.