Newbie from Indianapolis

Ashley Rogers

Hi everyone! My name is Ashley (as seen by my handle, of course) and I'm a complete newbie to the forums. In fact, I'm a complete newbie to woodworking! My husband of 6 years has been a huge woodworking buff and he figured I should get involved with his shenanigans. . . . and the kids too. ;)

Anyway, he suggested that I find a forum or join a workshop to help me get started. For me, the easiest thing was to find a forum -- and low and behold, this is probably the most (eerily) perfect forum I could find. Our goal for the end of this summer is to make our own patio furniture. Will it work out? Who knows? We're certainly gonna try. In the meantime, I'll browse the forums, ask questions and hopefully make some neat friends.

Seeya around, everyone! :D

Welcome to the family Ashley! :wave:

There are a couple of folks on here that have built their own patio furniture, I'm sure they'll introduce themselves soon enough.

P.S. We like lots of project pics, no pics...didn't happen. ;)

welcome ashley, ask away and we dont discourage any questions, we all asked the same ones when we started out,, but maybe you should get your hubby in here too, then we can learn from him:):wave:

Hi Ashley! Glad you found us. I'm about an hour south of you in Lafayette. I've seen about 5-6 folks on here from Indiana. This is a great forum to learn with. Lots of real talent here (exclude myself). Jump right in. Oh ...and we like photos!

Tom

Welcome Ashley: I am from the show me state -- The best answers are what people show me -- photos are good... Sounds like you have a project to start with..

paul