Sweetheart of an Auction

Well made it to the auction this morning. Picked up a few things.

Old drill, anybody know more about it?
IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Some saws
Belknap Bluegrass #47, Belknap- The Home Stretch and a Disston.
IMG_0841.jpg

Stanley #6 Type 8
IMG_0839.jpg

Stanley #4C Type 19
IMG_0838.jpg

Stanley #5C Type 17 Sweetheart. Even has the little logo on the blade.
IMG_0837.jpg

Don this is from a week or so ago. I posted in the wrong area.
SDC10564.jpg

This #5 was completely shot. Bottom gone with rust.
SDC10563.jpg

2 more next Sunday afternoon, 27th. Will have to pre-shop to determine which I want to go to.

Ron, down here it averages about 1-3. I usually try and pre-shop. Or Pre-look as it would be.

Really it is a good way for me too meet older woodworkers. Have several people ask what/ why I wanted this or that. When I tell them I plan on cleaning up and reusing them, they like it. Today I got a lead on couple more planes and several saws. Usually, the only thing they ask, is that the tools be used and not sat on a shelf.

That's really great Steve. The closer to Indy you get the more junk at high prices you get. And if there is good "stuff" there are usually too many buyers to make it work with my budget and worthwhile.

Steve,
Your #6 is not a Type 8. With its kidney-holed lever cap, and toe ring, it's more likely a type 16 (1933~1941).

Likewise, your #5C is not a Type 17. 17s were mot sweethearts, and the too-thin casting and rosewood knob/tote on yours are wrong for a 17 as well. It also appears to have a 'keyhole' lever cap. It's more likely a Type 12 or 13.

The drill you asked about looks like a Millers Falls eggbeater that I have. I don't know much more about it that that, though.

In any event, whatever the typs and sizes, you made a pretty good haul. Congrats on that!

Jim the 6 doesn't have a kidney hole. I will take a front on shot tomorrow. The 5 doesn't have it either. I meant type 13. The my other 5 is a 17. I am using rexmill for my info. I think I may have too many, I can't keep track. The 5 in the second set of pictures, I didn't even count.

...The my other 5 is a 17... I think I may have too many, I can't keep track. The 5 in the second set of pictures, I didn't even count.

You can NEVER have too many! I have somewhere around 120 now, and I'm still looking.

I have a little trestle table project in work (more info and some pix of that later) and just yesterday - in spite of the heat - I had six different planes and a couple scrapers going on it.

Clean 'em, sharpen 'em, ENJOY 'em!

You can NEVER have too many! I have somewhere around 120 now, and I'm still looking.

I have a little trestle table project in work (more info and some pix of that later) and just yesterday - in spite of the heat - I had six different planes and a couple scrapers going on it.

Clean 'em, sharpen 'em, ENJOY 'em!

can relate to this jim.. here is a scary thought, can you imagine not having a scraper to use at all??? before i was shopwn the use of one i couldnt understand the need now i wont start anything without one ready, and a plane save a ton of sanding time..