Meatloaf

I hate meatloaf. My wife only makes it when she is mad at me.:(
We had grilled steaks and baked sweet potatoes. My daughters brought dessert, chocolate triffle, ice cream with hot fudge sauce and cake :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I love meat loaf I have the wife fix it a few times a year but ours is special, venison meatloaf.

But my son called and said; Dad I have a bushel of steamed crabs. He did not have to say anymore. Wonderful son!

Last edited:
Lou Ann and I went to Mom and Dad's yesterday for supper. Had smelt and candied carrots along with homemade cheesecake for desert! :thumb::thumb: I love meatloaf, could eat it every week, Lou makes a fabulous meatloaf.

Have any of ya tried Smoked Meatloaf its killer :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yup. I'm not much of a meatloaf fan, but here's one I did for a throwdown (semi-contest) on a BBQ and smoking forum. It's a pineapple teriyaki loaf, with beef, crushed pineapple, crushed Honey Oat flakes, and teriyaki sauce/glaze. Smoked with mesquite to an internal temp of 175º or so.

Before...

Hog%20Head%20Meatloaf%201%20-%20600.jpg

After...

Hog%20Head%20Meatloaf%202%20-%20600.jpg

Not a real prominent smoke ring, but still got one...

Hog%20Head%20Meatloaf%203%20-%20600.jpg

As an experiment, it came out pretty good. Needed more pineapple, though.

I have never even thought of smoking a meatloaf, what a great idea:thumb: I love meatloaf but normally consider it a winter dish as I try not to use my oven for long cooks during the summer as not to heat the house up. I am going to have to give that a try. Do you remember about how long it took Vaughn?

looks good vaughn:) and meat loaf ,winter squash, green beans and home made bread is tops in my taste buds.. any time of the year:D:thumb: and don yur right on the sandwiches and some catsup as well..with banana pepers:thumb::thumb:

I have never even thought of smoking a meatloaf...Do you remember about how long it took Vaughn?

I think it was between 60 and 90 minutes, but I honestly don't remember for sure. I was mostly watching the internal temp to know when it was done.

Lots of good info about smoking meatloaf at The Smoke Ring...do a search for 'meatloaf' and you'll get all sorts of ideas and differing opinions. :D