Small Furniture

Ron Roase

I have been busy with a new project for our local School Board. It is making some special type Chairs and tables for small children that have health isues. Such as brittle bone desease and unformed spinal problems. I made a sample piece for them and they liked it so I will be making more for the upcomeing school year. One is a corner chair.New Style corner chair.JPG
Another is called a High Chair with seat high of 5, 7, or 9"
7 inch High Chair.JPG
Also a table that I designed to replace the ones they had that is ajustable to 3 different hights.
Ajustable table 2 positions.JPG
The table they were useing I also made with a few improvments.
The 2 new Tables.JPG
I have made templates of all the parts so they can be reproduced easly.:D
Also make up straps and buckles for holding the kids into the chairs.I hope it will turn into something good in the future. The person I am working with said he would give my name out to other teachers that may need special equiptment as well.:D:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron, that is an incredibly worthwhile project. Super congrats to you for doing that. :clap::clap: Those furniture templates could help many-many children with similar problems.
I believe some Shriner woodworkers, all around the country would be happy to make furniture for children with problems.
If you, or the teachers you work with, know of any children with bone, spine or other related problems and who do not seem to be getting the help they need, be sure to contact any Shriner to apply for (free) treatment at a Shrine Childrens Hospital.
Don't know any Shriners? Contact me.