Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got an E Mail from my son in Afghanastan

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Got an E Mail from my son in Afghanastan

He's doing good. There are teaching him to drive one of these.

MRAP Ambulance. He also said thanks for all the well wishes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MRAP.jpg  
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Glad he's doing good Don that's one BIG vehicle keep it under 90 in the corners, looks a little top heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    Glad he's doing good Don that's one BIG vehicle keep it under 90 in the corners, looks a little top heavy
    Thats more then just an ambulance. I been doing some reading on it, it's a mobile hospital and can carry and care for up tp 3 wounded. MRAP stand for mine resitant, ambush protected.

Here an internal shot of one of these mobile ER's

The interior of an MRAP ambulance is configured for three litter patients. MRAPs were designed to increase safety of troops operating in an environment heavy with mines, improvised explosive devices and ambushes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MRAP1.jpg  
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Glad things are going well for him. Keep us posted. That's one impressive vehicle he will be driving.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post
    Glad things are going well for him. Keep us posted. That's one impressive vehicle he will be driving.
    Yea it's a lot better then his first two deployments when he was on the ground with the marines, now at least he's got some armor around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    according to what Iv'e been reading thats is exactly why they have to go to school on these big guys. Joe should have no problem since when he's not on a deployment he drives the rescue truck as a volunteer first responder for the onslow county rescue squad.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 06-23-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Impressive. Here's hoping he stays safe and helps some other guys get home safely. That's one impressive vehicle, for sure...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Had to google MRAP... Those are BIG.
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Saw a show on them designing and building the MRAP. It's suppose to be pretty darn safe for the environment that it's in.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

That's one impressive vehicle. Wishing him and his buddies the best, and may they all get home safely.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com